You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Problems/Complaints

"Forum threads being posted twice" problem not solved

It is mentioned in this thread that the "forum threads being posted twice" issue is resolved. But today, I came across one such issue. Refer these threads.
    1) http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/147147-What-seems-care-to-parents-to-children-its-interference-in-their-personal.aspx
    2) http://www.indiastudychannel.com/forum/147151-What-seems-care-to-parents-to-children-its-interference-in-their-personal.aspx
    They both are same. Please note that I am not pointing anyone here but just reporting the problem.
    Note : I feel that I am becoming a complaint box. As I am not creative enough to raise general forum threads, I am raising threads only about the problems/complaints I have.
    Krishna,

The needful has been done by locking one thread. We will inform the Webmasters about this problem arising again. Thanks for reporting it.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

I think that the duplication of threads & responses is due to our (members') own fault too. Whenever we edit a thread message or a response, we hit the submit button. After that if we refresh the page from the browser's refresh button, a pop-up appears which says that "Firefox or Chrome must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier..

In a haste to read our message or response, we hit the enter button without bothering about its implication. The browser than sends the information (the edited messages) again to ISC and in the process, the message or response gets duplicated.

What we should do to avoid that is instead of refreshing the page from browser's refresh button, we should click on the 'View current message'. That way it will take us to the thread where we had edited the message or response.

PFA the screenshot of the message which shows the pop-up message from the browser.

Delete Attachment

In addition to the point by Gypsy, I think we need to wait for sometime after clicking on the submit button. It so happen sometime that the connectivity breaks in between and we click on the submit button again without checking whether our post has already been published. I doubt whether there is any technical issue involved in this because I am yet to face an issue like the one reported by the author.

And Krishna, complaints and problems are welcome but do not feel that you cannot be creative. Try it out instead of compensating your urge with suggestions and complaints.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Sign In to post your comments