You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Movies

Why don't we ever understand.....?

Does anyone remember the very thin, tall young debutante in film 'Rocky' (1981)? Do you remember the big-eyed thin young man in 'Maine Pyar kiya' (1989)? Do you find any resemblance with their present 'hunk, bundle of muscles' avtaars?

Is it possible to develop a six-pack or eight-pack body in six months or so only by exercising in a gym? Can you change your basic structure of the body within a short period of time without using steroids?

Why don't we ever understand that they are false gods? Should we imitate them?
    Compared to Sylvester Stallone and Arnold Schwarzenegger like Hollywood celebrities, our Khans look like pygmies.
    Despite being the largest producer of the movies in the world, India has still to achieve so much in film production technology.
    Our Ritwiks, Khans and others try their best to sculpt their bodies and undergo many such other exercises to earn more bucks.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

If a person is desperate to get a six pack, he/she can do the required if it doesn't spoil the daily routine i.e. job, studies etc,. The persons with low fat content may get a six pack in less than six months without using steroids. I don't know much about Sylvester Stallone and Salman Khan but Arnold Schwarzenegger has one of the best body structures. His bodybuilding can be seen in the 1976 movie Stay Hungry. I think the actors don't dare to use steroids as the steroids are known to cause side effects. And, there is no need to worship movie artists and call them gods/goddesses.

Let us continue learning.

Most of the film-actors of India use steroids for this six-pack or eight-pack.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Aamir Khan used to build up his body for film 'Ghajni', for which he spent 4-6 hours and it took around 6 months of vigorous exercise. Shahrookh Khan also builds up muscle for RAOne and other Hindi movies. All these occur with the help of personal coaches. Without a personal coach if one need to build a muscular body then need to spend at least 4 hours in gym, go through diet accordingly as per the gym instructor, need to take excessive protein drinks and nutritional health drinks; which may take 5-6 months of time. And your body can be made up of six-pack abs without using steroid also.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

#573230: I beg to disagree. Considering the basic structure of these actors, it is extremely difficult (read impossible) to develop six-pack body in six months without steroids.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

It has become necessary for the Hindi actors to tone their body with six pack looks because they have been asked to perform with shirt off in many scenes. So if the body is not there, the fans wont enjoy the scene.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I agree that there is this craze among the younger generation to emulate certain screen heroes. In that aspect, you have provided very sound advice, for youngsters to follow. However, it is clouded with personal biases. Don't get me wrong - I do not disagree with your view about the use of steroids to build six pack abs, but I do have reservations in believing something that you put across as a fact. With no realistic data posted, your opinion on how a few built their six packs appears to be based purely on your analysis – which might not be correct.

Not all bodybuilding supplements contain steroids; there are some that are considered relatively safe. Creatine and whey proteins are dietary supplements that are regarded safer options for building muscles. Apart, from that, it is right training that targets specific muscle groups and a protein rich diet that help people achieve their six pack abs goal.

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

A person doing 9 to 5 desk job can't achieve that kind of body but a person with lots of time and money can easily get that body with rigorous workout along with proper protein rich diet. I have seen many of my friends achieve that kind of body without any steroids. It just need a proper protein rich diet and workout daily for at least one year to achieve that body. Once a person stops workout the body loses it shape. Therefore, to maintain that kind of body time is required which not many people have these days.

Steroids are harmful and I don't think anyone will take the risk of using them. A person who has knowledge of steroids and its side effects will always avoid it. Steroids is not a magic drug that will make your body like muscular. It is the workout that makes your body muscular. Steroids just speed up the process of healing of tissues wear and tear during workout which speeds up body building. It takes patience to build such bodies which usually takes years in some cases. A common man can only dream about such things because we have time only to earn and sleep.

Partha, I assume that they are able to build those six packs and eight packs without the need for any steroids. It is a completely biassed view to believe that all of them use steroids.
    Please note that they have personal coaches who are much experienced than a regular ones. The actors follow a rigorous workout schedule along with a controlled diet. The diet is protein rich. That is exactly how they build their body.

I agree to your view point that there is no need to emulate them nor is there any need to treat them as Gods or Goddesses. But, one should not undermine the efforts being put forth by the actors in shaping their body. It takes a lot of effort indeed- steroids cannot do it.

Live....and Let Live...!

What is the problem with taking steroid?
    What is the issue with you?
    If some one like to have six pack or eight pack by taking steroid what is the issue with other? You think steroid is bad, but the person who wants to have six pack in six month love to have take that. DO you have any problem? SO just keep your opinion but never say this is bad.
    Different person is having different opinion. If I say Government employees are bribe taker, will you leave you your job as a Government employee. ? If the answer is no and you start defend your self with your hard work, loyal, then similarly who ever take steroid they are aware about the effects and side effects and they are working accordingly.

Many knowledgeable Members have stated that the film-stars have built their bodies by vigorous exercise and by taking high-protein diet. Even now, I think that by doing exercise and by taking protein diet, a person can't change his basic structure within six months. However, I would try to find out more evidence in support of my claim.
    At the same time, I don't want to comment on meaningless rant.

You question whether "basic structure of body be changed within a short period of time?" I can cite the example of my husband who in his college days did just that. This was a period where there was no internet. Six pack abs were restricted to maybe just Sylvester Stallone. The only aids available to my husband were a few weights and parallel bars, in the ill-equipped college gym. The mess in his colleges (as most messes do) served sub-standard food barely enough to let him sustain.

He supplemented his diet with loads of fresh cow milk, bowls full of milk cream (sourced from the college mess), country eggs and country fowl. With no internet and no qualified instructor he created his own workout regime. He went on to build his body and win the 'Bodybuilding trophy' for the 5 consecutive years. When I meet his college mates I am told of how they looked up to 'Mr. GCE' (his coveted title).

A fool will always try to make sense of his nonsense!

I remember even during those days when there was neither online shopping or teleshopping, there used to few companies supplying gadgets through the Value Payable Post (VPP) service.
    One such gadget was 'bullworker' meant for body building.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments