You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Why the law makers and custodians wont follow it strictly

We were waiting at the signal and from the wrong side I could see a traffic police without helmet crossing the road when the signal was red. He just shown his hand and wished the cop stationed at the junction and he made him to pass without fine or stopping. In Hyderabad the traffic police are well equipped with still cameras which is dangling on their chest and they are keeping the video live while driving too so that traffic offenders would be booked and challan sent to their house address. But why they are showing laxity to their own department colleague. That is surely favoritism.
    Since this topic is being discussed in the forum, quite often, let me share one related information. Generally, a provision is made under rules regarding ' protection of action taken in good faith'. The Government employees entrusted with the responsibility of the administration of the concerned rule are protected against any suit, prosecution or other legal proceedings.
    I am just sharing the information, not justifying the mistake committed by the traffic policemen. In case the traffic constable is on duty, then perhaps he/she always be able to spin a story to save his/her skin.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This situation is common in our corrupted environment. Some government employees won't do anything without taking bribes. But, they do some favors to some other government employees without taking any bribe. I lived in Hyderabad four years back. Even then, fine slips are sent to houses of car owners if any traffic rule is violated by their car. Also, the favors like the one mentioned above are done. This won't change until corruption dies which is 99.99% impossible in my opinion.

Let us continue learning.

Not only in Hyderabad, has the same kind of incidents occurred many places in our country; where the law makers first break the law. Yesterday I came through a CCTV footage video in Facebook where a MP crosses the toll gate without paying the toll-charge or showing his I-card; when the gate in-charge tried to catch him, the MP and his people beat the gate people seriously. It's really a kind of outrageous act for higher authorities in India.

I don't know what to say on this concert: The law is for us or we're for the law?

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Sign In to post your comments