You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

A little girl wants to play with a little boy!

It was a winter afternoon. The sky was cloudy. There was no sign of sunlight. An eerie silence prevailed on the roads of new satellite township bordering Delhi. The young couple with a small kid entered the housing society. The gate was open. Nobody could be seen. They saw a board indicating 'Society Office' and went towards that direction. They found a small room occupied by an aged gentleman. He was astonished seeing them and asked, "Why have you come?" The husband replied that they came to purchase an apartment as told by Mr. Ram, the property dealer. The old man asked, "Do you want to purchase an apartment in this society? Which one have you decided?" The man replied that he wanted to purchase a top floor apartment of G-block, but before taking a decision, he wanted to visit the apartments.

After lot of hesitation, the old man brought out the keys, closed the society office and went to G-block with the couple. The cloud became darker. When they reached near G-Block, the couple could notice a mist surrounding the building even at 3 PM. They went to the top floor. The old man was visibly uneasy; he asked the couple to quickly see the three apartments and choose any one of the three. The door of the first one was opened.

Suddenly, a gush of cold air came out of the room. The women felt that somebody was sighing. She felt very uneasy. Eventually all of them entered the room. There was a black spot on the floor. Some empty bottles of whiskey and a packet of old cards were lying on the floor. When they opened a window, a mysterious mist entered the room.

In the meantime, the little girl left the apartment. He went to the common balcony. When her mother called her, she returned excitedly and said, "See Mom, Bhaiya was calling me to play with him". The old man shuddered hearing the little girl. The parents ignored her.

The other two apartments were hastily shown to the couple by the old man. But the girl was going out time and again. Whenever her mother called her back, she was telling the same thing that the bhaiya was calling her to play. Whenever the girl said this, the old man became very pale. When the couple was ultimately coming out from the building, a torn page of old newspaper came down just in front of them. Inexplicably the man took the old page of the newspaper and kept it in his pocket. The girl started crying, " Mom! Why don't you see Bhaiya is calling me to play, why can't I play with him? Why are you leaving him alone?" The parents again ignored her.

The mist darkened. They came to the society office. While discussing the cost of the flat, the young man suddenly brought out the torn page from his pocket. An image of a little boy was there in the page. The girl shouted: "Look Mom! That Bhaiya was calling me to play in the building."

The torn newspaper page described a heart-wrenching event of a little boy being kidnapped for ransom. He was kept in that particular society apartment, without the knowledge of any person. When his parents could not pay the ransom, the boy was brutally killed by the kidnappers.

The couple held their daughter tightly, hastily entered their vehicle and left immediately, with a silent prayer on their lips for the hapless soul of the little boy.

(Another product of the imaginative mind of Partha Kansabanik)
    What a great ghost story, the second from Partha's imaginative mind!
    No life without Sun ¤

Second story from Partha and second ghost writer in ISC.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Really a very nice story with tragic and horrifying ending.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

#573244 : 'Second ghost writer'! Madam, am I a ghost-writer?
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

A very nice write-up which glues your eyes till the end.It has a sad ending not a horrific one according to me.
    Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

#573248 Sorry it is second writer writing about ghosts. You can guess who is the first writer and for this I may give a clue you may have to go through profiles or search the key word ghost in ISC you will get who is the first writer.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

From this write up the author has gone one step ahead of others in portraying the real life happenings with his thoughtful ideas. Such stories should be shifted to article section so that more readers guaranteed.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mr. Partha Kansabanik, your story is very nice. But, I should have read this in the day time. I am not a coward but, I am a bit afraid of stories like these from the day I watched the movie The Conjuring which is about a house with ghosts of murdered persons. Anyways, hats off to you Mr. Partha Kansabanik and I hope you will post many more stories in the coming days.

Let us continue learning.

Sign In to post your comments