You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Rain, rain go away, dont come again...

For the past one week in Hyderabad the rains are playing havoc. Previously there used to be definite period of rainfall and we used to get ready to face the same. Now the climate is clear in the morning, little cloudy in the afternoon and suddenly dark clouds engulf the city and within no time the rains lashes. And this is happening when the city is witnessing heavy traffic in the peak hours when people are returning from college, school and work place. Having struck in the traffic jam there is no way to get out it and we have drench in the rain. And above all reaching home by avoiding the possible open man holes is the real challenge.
    I think there used to be heavy rains in the past also, but in the absence of media coverage, the people in other regions could not come to know about the same. However, nowadays because of extensive telecommunication facilities through satellites and other means, the news is flashed and we come to know about what is happening in the remotest part of the globe.
    Flood occurs every year in the mighty Brahmaputra river of Assam inundating inhabited areas on either bank of the river. Because of the extensive network of the news correspondents, we get video footage also. The television channels take the same nonchalantly and start telecasting the same like any other news items.
    However, due to increase in the population of humans as well as vehicles, traffic jams and congestions are occurring more frequently.
    The recent Gurugram traffic jam is a typical example of the same.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Raining in Hyderabad is completely different than other places. Suddenly the clouds will come with lots of thunder and lighting, and rain for some minute and everything will go calm. We can't imagine and get ready ever before the rains in Hyderabad.
    However, in Odisha, people are dying for rain and water. There too much scarcity of water throughout the year. The rivers are blocked in other states, due to which there is no sufficient water in canals for agriculture. Recently govt. of Odisha planned a project of 'sweet water from sea water' at Gopalpur-on-sea, nearby my hometown.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

OMG! We too experienced a heavy shower on 27th of this month in Tirunelveli district of south Tamilnadu. Fortunately I was driving my good old Padmini to be safe from rain, unfortunately, I was stuck on the road due to heavy down pour. I had to cross a distance of 40 KMs from the national highway. The road was under expansion work. It was being converted into a four-way lane. Only a muddy single road was available to move. Due to heavy rain, the road was flooded heavily and it was very difficult to navigate as no ditch could be identified to manoevre my Padmini. Slowly and steadily I limped and crossed 40 KMs. For a while my silencer was flooded with water. It took some time to get it cleared. It took two good hours to reach the destination. Thank God! My Padmini and I had no damage due to rain. It was an excellent experience to drive my good old Padmini on such muddy roads and with pouring rain. I enjoyed the day.
    No life without Sun ¤

Padmini car which is having lower ground clearance for car body, the rain water logged on the roads would enter the engine and cabin easily. So one should not venture out.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Mohan,
    For your kind information. I could see many latest type vehicles struck and stranded on the same road waiting for the rain to stop. My good old Padmini was smart enough to ride through the flooded waters despite its water block in her silencer. I am extremely proud of my good old beautiful and smart Padmini despite her old age of forty-three with trouble free performance. Many on the roads envied my Padmini. After returning home, I had to perform 'Dhristi Parihar' to get her out from the evil eyes of other vehicle owners.

No life without Sun ¤

Member Saroja also raised a rain thread with same title line when Chennai experienced unprecedented floods. In that I responded with the nightmarish memory of 26 July 2005 floods in Mumbai.

But come summer and we will all pray rain, rain come again.. That is the irony. It all proves that humans cannot control everything and need not bask in self pride.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Well, it is not only Hyderabad or Tamilnadu, it seems rains are in full swing this year in almost all parts of the nation. Rains have been lashing us heavily here in Goa as well. Not that we, Goans are not used to rains. We do get much rain every tear being a coastal state, but this year has been entirely different.
    Rains have already crossed the annual quota of around 100 inches. It is still two more months to go.

Live....and Let Live...!

I personally did not like the title of the thread. "Rain- rain go away" is alright but "don't come again"? I couldn't understand it. Can any one be away with "rain"? Yes, it is true that heavy rains sometimes bring so much loses even for lives and property. But just imagine if there is no rain!

Weather like cold, summer and rainy, if anything become more than enough, it only bring loses. But again, we have to live along with the nature. After all this is not the first time happening anywhere in this planet.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Generally, we are having the scarcity of rain after a heavy flood in our country with unbearable losses to life and property. The sole reason is - Our children are taught to sing 'Rain ..Rain..Go away... Little baby wants to play." This rhyme should be removed from the text books, and children should be taught to sing a modified rhyme inviting rain god to shower. If done, there won't be any need to perform rituals/poojas in temples or worship Lord Indira to shower his grace as rain.
    No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments