You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do a fancy name of a degree essentially ensures specialization and expertise?

Recently I have come across an advertisement about degrees in construction engineering and interior designing.
    Earlier after 10+2, there used to be a basic engineering graduate degree known as either B.E. or B.Tech. After completing the basic graduate degree, the students used to go for masters degrees like B.E. or M.Tech for specialization.
    The candidates having done B.Tech./B.E. in the core field of civil engineering, used to go for further specialization at a masters level.
    It appears that there is a tendency on the part of the educational merchants to launch every year new educational products to attract the gullible students (read buyers)?
    Do a fancy name of a degree essentially ensures specialization and expertise?
    Yes I have also came across a new technology in construction called Jack up the building technology, through which the low lying building would be raised to road level by deploying many number of jacks and that is done with utmost precision. One more Engineering stream also came to the being in the recent past. That is quantum survey. That means those who want to calculate the exact measurement of the land either in plain, ,mountain or in water, the engineers would do the needful. These two new engineering streams are taught by some colleges in India and it seems the qualified candidates have good openings in Saudi and other countries.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments