You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Krishna-Kusela type of friendship day greeting cards of mine.

[This entry wins the 2nd prize for the friendship day creative writing contest]

Friends, I am recalling myself about the set of friendship day greetings cards in my shelf which was brought from the stores for two of my friends for these many years and now I am again on the footsteps of store to buy greeting cards for this year. I do not know whether I can send at least this year.

I have given the name to bunch of the greeting cards as Krishna-Kusela type because the cards are not posted only due to shyness like kusela as the friends have reached a height. My memory revolved around the two when I was with them during studies and admired from a distance during their research studies.

Now both of them have attained a highest position in their respective research area. One in our land and one in foreign land and have become a pioneer in the area of research in the field of medicine. I always followed in social media and collected all sorts of news published in medium particularly in net. A person in own land is always remembered whenever the news of vanishing of flights and their help is sorted out in finding it in ocean as my friend is in top position in that area of research.

So this time I thought of sending messages of my wishes to both of them through the medium of post mail as it is easier in hiding our feeling of shy and sharing the wishes. Here are the two greeting cards with my wishes.

1. Scientists find things using sagar nidhi like Sampati found Sita in SriLanka in sagar
    I always think of you whenever calculation of ocean arises in news
    I admire you, in the amidst of hatred of maths, you had gone high in calculation.
    This friendship day greetings comes with the prayer of finding AN-32.

2 You are one among the precious gems
    Who always choose service in their life
    To save others' life with a new venture
    This friendship day greeting comes to see a gem.

Hope this time, it will reach the friends' hand unlike my other cards which are still in store like kusela kept his pouch of puffed rice in a dilemma whether to offer or not to his friend.

This is entry for Me, friend to friend friendship day greetings contest
    The Krishna-Kusela type of friendship is very rare in reality as people would change their attitude once they become big and wealthy. But Krishna always respected Kusela and even bestowed wealth for just eating the handful of poha.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Kusela is generally known as Sudama in north India. The Krishna- Sudama friendship is an epitome of friendship irrespective of the financial status of the individuals concerned. Krishna was a King and Sudama was an impoverished poor Brahmin, though they were childhood friend and classmates. Despite being poor Sudama brought a gift of Poha which he affectionately offered to Krishna and as a return gift Krishna showered him with everything he required.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Thank you Mohan and Kailash that you have enlighten the friendship of Kusela with Krishna and his gift of Poha to Krishna and return gift of Krishna too.

Unlike Mohan said, my friends though they have reached height they are really good in their heart and I have written only in the sense of shyness kusela had when he met Krishna after a very long time. Once they met, the friendship has its own value.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

Saro,
    Good to see a Krishna-Kushela type story tie up for the competition. It is the friendship between the rich and the poor. A King and his citizen. An intelligent and an ordinary person. A God and a devotee.

No life without Sun ¤

Thank you sun for your explanation towards Krishna-Kusela type friendship. This friendship though epic is a good example in India for friendship.
    Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.