You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Is it possible to find a modern Satya harischandra in these days?

As we all know Sathya harishchandra story that we have seen in movies and serials in small screen (that is in television) he is icon for telling the truth and honest king who became a servant for the result of honesty do we find a modern Sathya harischandra now a days. Knowledgeable members respond to the question.
    There may be certain freak Harischandra even nowadays but such people will have to be counted as the exceptions which prove the rule.
    In modern times, examples of some of the honest Indian leaders are APJ Abdul Kalam, late former President; Manik Sarkar, Chief Minister of Tripura; Manohar Parrikar, Union defence minister; Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Lal Bahadur Shastri, late former Prime Minister etc.
    There are many honest bureaucrats also but generally, they never remain in the limelight. Such honest individuals are shunted to insignificant postings where they themselves relish their honesty.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes, even today, many young men (along with their wives) try their best to give a comfortable life to their old and ailing parents. However, the media only give publicity to such negative news when the parents are subjected to inhuman cruelty in the hands of sons and daughters-in-law.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I think there won't be any Sathya Harishchandra these days. Lying is becoming common in people and we sometimes lie for very small issues. But sometimes, lying is necessary to solve some problems. So, a person can't be a Sathya Harishchandra if he/she wants to be happy and make others happy. In addition, people who won't lie are viewed like aliens by other people now a days.

Let us continue learning.

Well we cannot assure 100 percent Satya Harishchandras in this world. Those who are known to be clean may be near to the core but not cent percent. Because the society wont keep them to be clean and get rid of him.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments