You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Reward Programs

IndiaStudyChannel.com Forum - one of the best general discussion forums; make it #1!

On analysing our forum, the management is happy to note that the discussion topics which are posted on ISC are often ranked high on search engines. To take maximum advantage of this and generate good revenue for our site, the Webmasters recently introduced a feature whereby forum editors can tune the title of a thread with a good topic for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) and add a one or two line summary too.

Moving ahead in aiming for our goal to make the ISC Forum #1 in discussion forums, we would like members to come up with topics which will genuinely generate quality discussions. With this in mind, the management will be offering good cash rewards for the TOW (Thread of the Week) winning threads. The top prize for the TOW will be Rs. 50/- and special cash awards for 2-3 other good threads too will be announced (the cc to be decided on later).

Additionally, you should look out for the announcement of a specific Discussion Topic thread. Similar to an active GD, members will give their views and discuss the topic in that thread itself. The rewards: Rs. 75/- for two best participants and Rs. 50/- for two or three other members.

Note that since this will be our first foray into a Discussion Topic thread, it will be a learning experience with perhaps some issues. We will see how it works out and if it works positively, will continue with it in the future too.
    The month August seems to be the best month with such announcement from ISC. The first day of August is a morale boosting day to all active forum active members. Now it is time for ISCians to try and tow a TOW thread to earn a good sum.

A good August beginning that brings cheers and happiness in the minds of all ISCian.

No life without Sun ¤

I wholeheartedly welcome the announcements regarding the introduction of the 'Discussion Topic' threads as well as moderation of titles of the threads to make it SEO friendly and the addition of summary feature.
    My feedback to the ISC management is that the editors may be required now to act in a more professional manner in handling the thread hijackers types of members.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Read the announcement of Ms. Vandana. Haven't understood the ToW part of the announcement. Will wait for the discussion threads.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha - As far as I understand the prize money has been increased in TOW thread contests. The earlier prize amount of winning thread, Rs. 25 has now been raised to Rs. 50 and the special prize amount has also been raised from Rs. 15 to a not yet specified amount.

What I understand from the above announcement is:
    1. From now Thread Of the Week will get Rs50/- as prize.
    2. Editors will suitably modify the titles of threads posted by members to fetch good traffic and ranking.
    3. In addition ISC will also give specific topics for discussion-which will not be just a forum thread but a real discussion like the erstwhile GDs.
    4. For the discussion thread as in(4) the two best participants will, get Rs 75/- and two or three m participants will get Rs 50 each.
    If my understanding is correct then I have the following doubts
    1. Does that means the existing system of TOW are discontinued.
    2. Does that mean that existing GD are discontinued. The participants stand to lose the CC of Rs 25 in that, but gain same in weekly threads.
    Any well intended change is welcome. In that way I welcome this change also.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Wow for the first time the ISC has recognized the importance of forum and it is being made more famous through added features of summary and linked forum leads. For the good forum writer and able thread raisers this would benefit them immensely.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I really appreciate and welcome this change.It will definitely evoke more quality threads and traffic in the forum itself,which is the most active section in our website.
    Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Venkiteswaran Ji - I am also in the queue of understanding the announcement in all of its possible connotations. Regarding your observations in the response #573583, I personally interpret the announcement as follows -
    1. TOW will continue as usual. Only the prize amount has been increased to motivate quality participation.
    2. Active GDs will also continue as usual but an additional feature named as 'Discussion Topic' thread has been introduced with some prize money, again with the objective of promoting qualitative contents.

A great and welcome change indeed. Now the most happening section of ISC will get the due importance it deserves. I wonder whether tuning up the titles and adding a bit of summary will be done for each and every thread. That way, it will be a huge task for the forum editors. Or perhaps it will be done for few selected threads. The new concept of discussion threads seems to be quite inviting. Let's see how it comes up.
    Patience and perseverance pays

That is a great announcement for the betterment of the site. I would definitely look forward to contributing in whatever capacity I can work with.
    Live....and Let Live...!

This is great to know that our interaction now become top of search engines.
    I have seen many times some of our member complain that now days ISC have lost the charm of forum, as it has become like a news site, but that is also not bad to discuss.
    Now O think this announcement will bring encourage to the active forum members like K mohan sir, Kailash ji,Partha sir to share more and more discussion and we will feel proud to participate and also to start new good quality threads over here.

It is really a happy news! Having reached at such heights, I think our endeavor now should be to better our position and to maintain the same.

I would like to clarify a few points since some members seem to be in doubt. Firstly, TOW and Active GD will continue as before. Secondly, the prize money for TOW winners has now been enhanced. Thirdly, a new contest will be placed on a trial basis; a topic will be posted as a thread and members will have to discuss the same in the same way we do in a GD. It will be more of a discussion than of a debate. Fourthly, editors won't be tuning all the threads and titles nor will be adding summary to all; it will be done only after some assessment but that does neither mean that a thread that has been tuned or to which a summary has been added stands out among others nor the other way round.

Now coming to the most important part, members must have by now understood what the admin expect from them. You got it right! We request our members to post quality threads with good content and meaning and those which can inspire a discussion. Run of the mill threads will not be discouraged as such but let us have some serious and thought provoking threads and responses too.

Let us put in our efforts to make the face of ISC more beautiful and attractive! Let us become more responsible and active!

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Shouldn't the active members be reacting more positively to such an announcement? I find many names missing. Common friends, let us be part of the celebrations!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.