You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it….

I was going through some story of our brave soldier's unmatched bravery and I found this heart touching quote which says –

"Our flag does not fly because the wind moves it. It flies with the last breath of each soldier who died protecting it."

How true it is. We stand up and show our respect to our flag not only because it is our National flag but it has History in it. The sacrifice which is made for the tricolor is beyond anyone's imagination.

Don't you get goosebumps when you see Tricolor flying high?
    You said the fact. It is true the flag doesn't fly on its own, the wind moves it to waver or flatter and fly. You added some philosophy and spoke about the importance of national flag.

Now I would also say
    We don't eat but we are fed by our hands.
    We don't speak but our tongue controls the voice.
    We don't write but our hands move the pen

Every action needs a support.
    To fly, we need wind
    To eat, we need hands
    To speak, we need tongue
    To write, we need hand and pen.

No life without Sun ¤

The Hindi poet Shyamlal Gupta has immortalised our true feelings toward the national flag as follows -
    'Vijyi vishwa tiranga pyara,
    Jhanda uncha rahe hamara.
    Shaan na is ki jane paye
    Chahe jaan bhale hi jaye
    Vishwa vijay kar ke dikhalaye
    Tab howe pran purn hamara
    ......'

It roughly translates in the English language as follows -
    The conqueror of the world, our tricolour,
    Let our flag always soar high.
    Let its prestige, never go away,
    Even if we have to sacrifice our life,
    Let it conquer the world,
    Only then our pledge be realised.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes on seeing the tricolor flag, some National respect enters into my mind immediately and give some time to watch the tri color moving in waves. When ever I am passing through Tank Bund in Hyderabad, I would see the highest National flag post erected at the far end with gigantic tricolor flag moving in slow motion. Since the flag is very big, even the strong winds cannot make it to have fast wave effects. So that slow motion moment further arose interest in me to watch the flag for at least five minutes.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sun, well, you are right wind is required to fly anything. However, I truly believe that the wind is not powerful as our soldiers breath. It may required wind to fly anything on the ground but for our tricolour to fly high, it required our soldiers help.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Jeets,
    You said the truth through your # 573846. Our brave soldiers breath and the envying foreigners death keep our tri-colour flying high on this good earth.

None other than the defence forces of India values our tri-colour. They hoist our national flag right at 0800 hrs calling it as colours and lower it with the sunset with due honour and respect.

No life without Sun ¤

As Mr. Sun said in #573851, none other than defense forces of India value the Indian flag. There may be some normal people but they are very less in number. Many schools/junior colleges are not hoisting the Indian flag these days and most of the students/teachers feel it as just a holiday and nothing else. We can observe flag hoisting in only government offices, colleges etc,.

Seeing our tricolor flag flying makes me feel that I am a citizen of the great India. By the way, its a real nice quote about why the flag flies.

Let us continue learning.

Sign In to post your comments