You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Side effects of IndiaStudyChannel.com

(This thread is a Special Prize winner in the TOW contest for the week 31st July to 06th August '16)

When I joined this site some years back, I just joined the site to improve my English. Later, as time passed, I become regular and it become an addiction. Whether, I post anything or not, it becomes my habit to watch the activity in Forum every half an hour.
    So, with my experience and love for this site I came to this conclusion that there are some side effects too of ISC, which I have mentioned it below.

1. You may fall in love with this site, which may take your personal life away from you.
    2. During your office work, you may be curious to know what is going on here, which may affect your office work.
    3. At home your spouse may question you unnecessarily which can affect your beautiful mood.
    4. When debating on something, even if you have important work, you will give importance to your post than any other thing.
    5. Sitting long hour in front of laptop or PC, may affect your eyes physically. So, please take off your eyes from the screen every half an hour.
    6. You wait patiently if you participated in any contest to know the result. Until and unless nothing look good.
    7. You may get offended by someone or some post which you have to take care properly, else it will affect your peace.
    8. Even if you are walking on road, you don't stop going through ISC with the help of your mobile phone.
    9. While typing some content, you may miss to hear important message said by your colleague at work or may miss some important call.
    10. You may forget other all social site and run behind this site 24/7.

It is all experienced by me and I am sure some of you would agree with it. However, against all these reason, the Good affect you will get, may change your overall thinking or your personality towards your goal of life.

(TOW Entry)
    Here is the reply from side for your posers on side effects of ISC.

1. You may fall in love with this site, which may take your personal life away from you.

Nothing like that sort. Give little time for this site and be with family. I am using this site in the morning when my family members are asleep and in the evenings they are busy with tuition. So no way neglecting personal life.

2. During your office work, you may be curious to know what is going on here, which may affect your office work.

In the day time not much activities are going on as per my calculations so we need not visit this site often.

3. At home your spouse may question you unnecessarily which can affect your beautiful mood.

I already gave my response for this in first question.

4. When debating on something, even if you have important work, you will give importance to your post than any other thing.

First of all never attempt a article or debate question when you have pressing issues.

5. Sitting long hour in front of laptop or PC, may affect your eyes physically. So, please take off your eyes from the screen every half an hour.

Yes I do agree by starring at the screen we may get sight. But using sparingly wont harm our eyes.

6. You wait patiently if you participated in any contest to know the result. Until and unless nothing look good.

Yes every one has the curiosity to know the result. By delaying for administrative reasons, we are given more time for guessing.

7. You may get offended by someone or some post which you have to take care properly, else it will affect your peace.

Yes one must respond with great care and restrain, otherwise the whole battery of members would pounce on you.

8. Even if you are walking on road, you don't stop going through ISC with the help of your mobile phone.

For the God sake never do that. I am not that addicted so far.

9. While typing some content, you may miss to hear important message said by your colleague at work or may miss some important call.

Concentration is the hall mark here. Many are well versed with multitasking now a days.

10. You may forget other all social site and run behind this site 24/7.

Who said that ? I am also familiar with Facebook and Twitter more than ISC.

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

You are completely right Mr. Jeets. I am feeling that I am addicted to this great site from some days. Previously, I used to watch an English movie every evening. But now, I am spending that time in ISC. If there is a holiday, I used to play computer games etc,. But now, I am spending that time in ISC. When I became a member of this site, I wanted to earn more than to learn. But now, I want to learn more and I am not focusing on earning anymore.

Let us continue learning.

Teja when you watch a movie or play computer games you were wasting time then, but now your active presence here proved to be fetching and you are on earning mode.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Yes Mr. Mohan. I am now regretting the countless hours I wasted. I feel that ISC has a positive side effect on me.

Let us continue learning.

I agree with the points covered by the learned author in his erudite thread. However, I would like to add one more point which I have personally felt.
    A negative thought pattern develops unnecessarily when the authors anticipate some prize or award in respect of their contest entries though finally find their name missing in the results.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I too have fallen in love with this site. I think this is one of the best site with best members from India are here. Everyone here is very kind and are of helping nature which I like the most, regarding this site attitude it shows goodness for those who are kind to this site. Let me say you one think I have seen any site like this in my entire life, this is by far the best site I have seen, and I can bet that there is no other website like this. And one thing please pardon me if I do something wrong unknowingly here and teach me the right thing to do, so that I can learn from my mistake. and whereas about side effects, we all know that if there is a good and there might be an opposite of it also. It is like two sides of a coin, one is head and the other tail.
    live happily in every situation of life

Sign In to post your comments