You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Amusement

Side Effects of Pokemon go

Pokemon go a newly launched game every body who have ever seen the pokemon series during their childhood gets attracted towards this new.
    Earlier also many android games have been launched which got huge public attention and support bus this game seems to break all the records in this list. The craze and fan following of this game is increasing everyday. And above all it is freely availabel which makes it more poular among youngster.In the game , players use a mobile device's GPS capabllity to locate, capture, battle, and train virtual creatures, called pockemon, who appear on screen as if they were in the real world.
    On one side it has become one of the best entertainment but on the other hand it has lot of side effects people playing seems to be just lost into virtual world while playing this game and no sense about the real world.
    These side effects are so clear that many country and states has baned this game. As people in search of their Pokemon often not remember where they are heading towards many times enters in peoples house without their permission such craze is not a good thing for our society.
    Mumbai police has also issued cautionary tweet for pokemon go ,In chennai recently, a huge group of players gathered at a park hoping to catch a rare pokemon, raising much alarm. It was just a day after a stampede broke out in a US park for similar reasons. These are very few cases from the whole list of side effects of pokemon go.
    A game providing entertainment remains fun only till the time it doesnt create any anarchy situation for the society and if it does cautionary measures need to be taken by the society. Children need to be taught about thin line between the entertainment and side effect when craze for things crosses the border and limitation within which it need to be confined.
    Putting bans on things never solve any problem but knowledge does children need to be taught about positive as well as negative aspects of everything they get involved, Pokemon go is also one of these things and children need to be made aware about its side effects also.
    My appreciation to the author by raising this TOW topic with side effects on Pokemon. Surely the youngsters are getting mad over it and it must be banned.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Pokemon Go game uses smartphone satellite location, graphics and camera capabilities.
    The Government of Indonesia has banned the police and military personnel from playing Pokemon Go while on duty. It has come to light that the devices being used to play the game can send secret data over the Internet to other countries.
    The New York state authorities in US have banned the registered sex offenders from downloading and playing the Pokemon Go citing concerns that paedophiles could use the app to find or lure victims.
    The Mumbai police have proclaimed that 'Pokemon can't go out on streets causing distraction'.
    Pokemon takes the child into a fantasy world which is more exciting than the real world. The sensible teachers are up in arms against it .

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I personally think that these things are happening due to the mistakes (madness) of players of the game but not the makers of the game. I too played the game. When starting the game, a message 'Remember to be alert at all times. Stay aware of your surroundings.' will be displayed. It is the mistake of players if they involve in accidents. To support my point, I am considering a similar example. On cigarette packs, a message 'Smoking is injurious to health.' is displayed. It is the mistake of smokers if they get diseases or even die. If government considers it as a mistake of makers, cigarettes should be banned along with Pokemon Go. Don't think that I am supporting Pokemon Go. I am just expressing my opinion. Here is a list of some weird things people did due to Pokemon Go.
    1) On July 12th 2016, a 15 year old girl walked into a four lane highway to catch a Pokemon and got hit by a car.
    2) On July 14th 2016, at 11:00 PM or so, in New York, hundreds of people started getting out of their cars and running as they found a rear Pokemon nearby.
    3) When a pregnant lady is about to give birth, her husband saw a Pokemon under her bed. He caught it and even posted the screenshot online.

Let us continue learning.

I agree with the point that you raised Krishna that makers can't be blamed for all the chaos which is going on around since people are enjoying this game that much for that makers need to be appreciated.
    But still the kind of situations that has arisen are definitely side-effect of this game and for this players need to be made aware.
    I never said game need to be banned. But when a medicine has side-effect it is always given with precaution similarly this game need to be played with the cautions.

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

Sign In to post your comments