Side effects of Green TeaIn general, coffee and tea are considered as a beverage. But now a days Green Tea is also added to the list of beverages and the people are taking more. The percentage of intake of green tea has been increased compared to the older times.
Green Tea is produced from the leaves of C.sinensis and it has medicinal values. Green tea can be taken orally or can be taken in the form of beverage. On an average, people give more importance to green tea as a beverage. Some of the benefits of Green Tea are
1. Traditional beverage
2. Focuses on the metabolic syndrome of human and has high impact on body weight and other cardio-vascular risk factors.
3. Improves mental alertness and thinking
4. Used for the treatment of Anogenital warts.
5. Also used to treat cancer and leukemia.
Though green tea has lot of benefits, the people who want to reduce weight are consuming green tea regularly.
Apart from its benefits, green tea also has many side effects. The caffeine content in green tea causes many risks. Too much of green tea consumption may lead to the following side effects.
1. Stomach problems, Diarrhoea, Vomiting
2. Iron Deficiency and Anemia
3. Mild to serious head aches
4. Irregular heartbeat
7. Bleeding disorders
Green tea is safe when consumed in moderation. If the intake of green tea is high, it may lead to many side effects. Now a days, people who want to reduce their weight are not even aware of the side effects of Green tea and are consuming regularly without any moderation.
Are you a green tea consumer? Share your opinions on Green Tea.