You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Creative Writing

Side effects of being ME of IndiaStudyChannel.com

This is to be taken with a pinch of salt, penned only for the next honourable ME, rendered with dead-pan humour, with no offence to anyone, least of all to the current ME or members.

If you are brave enough to become the Managing Editor of ISC,
    Beware of the side effects which come with all that lies in its inherent beauty!

You've got to face tons of flak without hitting back,
    Have the knack to deal with it with lot of finesse & tact.

You'll be labelled partial by one and all,
    No matter that you scold, reprimand, admonish in the forum or via email calls;
    No matter that you try to be humble and are caring equally of all;
    No matter that you are tenacious, won't give up to try maintaining peace between age-old rivals;
    You're going to have to be prepared for some really serious knocks & survive to mentor new arrivals.

You're likely going to become hot & bothered, frail & thin
    So to prevent these and other side-effects,
    Here's some very sane advice:
    Apply good 'ol Navratan hair oil to cool your head;
    And drink cups of soothing Tulsi-ginger tea to calm your frayed nerves;
    Take a daily dose of Vitamins from fruits & healthy foods
    - These will help you to energy build and conserve.

It's not a bad idea also to start attending coaching classes to train
    To become a boxing referee and learn the art of fencing, too, to continue in your rein.

The side effects will not then have any effects adverse,
    You'll be able to stand tall in your role which is oh, so very complex & diverse.

Pay heed to this sane advice, future ME,
    And you'll be safe from side effects of types all & enjoy your responsibilities with sparkling zeal!

(This is not an entry for the TOW 31st July to 06th August '16)
    All positions have attendant duties and responsibilities. Perhaps the only available respite is to become immune which is easier said than done.
    However, learning the art of fencing appears to be out of place in the given context, though training as a boxer referee looks appropriate.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I found humour in ME's post, it seems the respondent took it seriously.
    N K Ravishankar
    Lead Editor - Job section,
    Editor - Forum, Question Paper section

Nice suggestions to the next managing editor Ms. Vandana. But, why is this is not an entry for the TOW 31st July to 06th August '16?

Let us continue learning.

Wow,what an interesting narration.It looks like a combination of advice and challenges faced by the managing editor in a poetic style.
    Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Krishna,

I'm just having a laugh at my own expense!!!

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

The poem is beautiful, suggestions are excellent but successor is not available!
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Partha,

I assure you that there are half a dozen successors from our current editorial team with wonderful leadership & administrative skills. They are waiting in the wings & can take over any time.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Like the ME, members too have side effects of the ME. Every member has to face the side effects of ME one day or the other day. The side effect of ME could be in the form of getting cc or points, getting honours and awards, getting prizes for the contests, getting our threads locked, and deletion of messages and responses, receiving warning, receiving appreciation, getting suspended.

While the side effect of members to the ME would be negative, the side effect of ME to the members would be positive in all respects.

No life without Sun ¤

A ship is always safe at shore but that is not what it's built for.

Sign In to post your comments