Side Effects of watching TelevisionWe all watch television one time or the other. It may be entertaining but there are some consequences. These are some of the side effects of watching television.
1) Watching television affects our brain. Case in point, most people can imagine something happening in 1980 in black and white only.
2) If children watch violent programs in television, they may feel that violence is okay and tend to be violent. If children watch non violent programs like animation shows, comedy shows etc., they may become too sensitive.
3) Many people don't even bother what's happening around them while watching television. Such people spend most of their time watching television and don't socialize with others.
4) Watching television makes a person fat. Many studies proved that there is a direct connection between time spent in watching television and obesity.
5) The commercials shown in television may influence a person to buy things that are not needed which results in wastage of money.
Above all, watching television effects our eyes. To avoid such problems, we should watch television only for a less amount of time and from a distance. The majority of people effected by television are children. So, children must be allowed to watch some particular programs only and that too in a free time but not in study time or meal time. Let us be more careful from now.
This is an entry to the contest TOW- topic for the week 31st July to 06th August '16- Side effects.