You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Competition Entries

I just want to be normal!-Side effects of childhood fame

(This thread has been selected as winner of the TOW award for the week 31st July to 06th August '16)

Fame was not sought by me
    It came to my doorstep
    Convinced my parents about me
    They pushed me very far
    I enjoyed it in the beginning
    Not knowing what it could bring
    As I started losing my childhood
    With all the pressures of fame
    I was distracted and lonely at the top
    With not a shoulder to cry on
    The world made me an icon
    And kept pressing me to go on
    I am tired of this dreadful disease
    Whose cure cannot be found
    And that is why I cry always
    Saying ''I want to be normal!"

The side effects which fame brings in the lives of innocent young children is not unknown to all.As the saying goes, it is lonely at the top. With pushy parents and the world expecting even more unrealistic perfection life becomes very unmanageable.Competition from rivals,loss of personal life and privacy, the side effects manifest as various psychological and physical disorders.
    Many such victims resort to drug abuse, alcohol and even more dangerous things on being unable to open with their lives' pressure. Some medical symptoms include regression,depression,excessive crying,eating disorders,self harm,anxiety attacks and poor academic performance.Dear members please share your views.

This is an entry for the TOW contest.
    An interesting thread ar! However, you need to correct some punctuation that makes the complete thread grammatically error.
    Put comma, full stop, exclamation and inverted commas where it needs.
    Whenever you're starting a sentence followed to full stop and commas, give a single space after full stop or comma and before a new sentence.
    Breaking of lines appears as a poem; however put appropriate punctuation there.
    Overall well written about side effects of childhood fame.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Naresh Sir, can you please suggest whether the matter is grammatically correct?
    Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

Punctuation marks are a part of grammar.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes I do understand that those who are fame and recognized in the crowd, they cannot live like normally as we do. Suppose I can suddenly decided to have a sip of tea at a road side hotel but a person with fame cannot do that.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments