You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Which factors make threads posted in the forum section of ISC to rank high on search engines?

Recently ISC management has announced that the discussion topics which are posted on ISC are often ranked high on search engines and to encourage the members to post high quality contents, certain new features were introduced which were welcomed by all concerned.
    Let us discuss and deliberate as to which factors make the threads posted in the forum section of ISC to rank high on search engines?
    In my opinion, instead of posting only hollow contents which are devoid of any substance, posting threads/responses supported by well researched substantive contents are likely to rank high on search engines.
    What is your opinion in this regard?
    When flow comes, when our fingers move on the key-board very rapidly, we don't think about SEO, search-engine, etc. At least I don't bother to consider these issues.
    Let us write for pleasure, let us get pleasure from writing. Let's not complicate the matter thinking about user-friendly topics.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

If you're highly devoted to ISC and want to put your effort to get high revenue, adsense sharing, good position/rank, etc then it is really important to know which keywords are highly hitting in search engines. However I think, most of the forum participators do not think about Search Engine Optimized contents, as we're just in a mood to share something hot topic that goes in our mind.
    In other way, knowing the SEO keywords and posting threads according is too good to grab more viewers. As per my opinion you can go search for trending topics here: HotTrends. Se of the recent trending searches of this week are: Donald Trump, India Vs West Indies Live/Test Highlights, Samsung Note 7, CAT 2016, Pokemon Go Update, Rajjat Barjatya, Lenovo K5 Note, Dishoom, Fever, etc.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

It is not about individual earning of the member concerned. Instead, it is about taking the forum section of the ISC to greater heights.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Searching on internet and posting the threads here wont fetch much topic I presume. This site wants original contributions and so is the search engines which are updating the latest contents subject wise, words wise and then directing the information seekers to the right threads. So what I feel that our own experience in daily life on small issues which are almost same for every one would always be liked and responded immediately. Even in search , those who quoted their personal experiences on issues are being visited most. Therefore instead of referring matters from the internet and presenting the same again wont fetch any topic nor revenue.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Search engine shows the result as per the key word of the Internet users.what ever they search the result will come with the web site with most appropriate content and with that key word used. And as there are many members are active in this ISC forum so various types of posts are there, it is related to news, questions, life style, food habits etc, so it is obvious while searching on internet many search engine redirect that result to our forum page. And now forum editors are also adding searchable key words and some links which increase the chance to get on top of search engine.

Search engine results are based on the keywords and other SEO factors. If we use the exact keyword in our threads then it will fetch a good google rank and our thread will list in the first page of our search engine results. To get top ranking in the search engine results, we should focus on the latest trending topics and we need to discuss about those topics by using the appropriate keywords in our discussion. Other than the trending topics we can also analyse and get to know about the keywords that are used extensively on other topics such as health, recipes, medicine,art, movies,etc and can discuss about that in the forum.

Using appropriate keywords in the title and in the contents will help to fetch top ranking in the Search engine.

The question is, do the members consider such factors like 'trending topics' or 'SEO friendly keywords' etc. or just go on hammering the keypad of their respective systems?

Yes, I do care of keywords while posting any thread but as Partha said, when you are in flow, you don't consider all these. I am too a member like of that thinking.

However, I try to post keywords such as How, Why, Is in the beginning of the threads title. The best thing is to question yourself for the subject you are writing. Think what kind of questions one reader will have for your subject. Accordingly you can put the Title of your content.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

My knowledge in SEO etc. are almost nil. Even though I tried to know about them, it somehow does not stick. So I just left it to that. I am still in the pre-internet writing mind set of writing and reading.

I go with Partha and also Narendra when he says" I think, most of the forum participators do not think about Search Engine Optimized contents, as we're just in a mood to share something hot topic that goes in our mind" I am also one among the 'most'.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Venkiteswaran Ji - Basically the question revolves around the factors which made the forum, to surge ahead compared to what it was in the past. As far as SEO knowledge is concerned, most of the members were neither knowing nor using the technique in the past as at present. Still, a turnaround was achieved.

Well as far as I am concerned , I am not worried about SEO friendly words or sentences while raising the threads. What I get into the mind would be appended and see that heading is catchy.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

As Mr. Naresh Kumar Behera's response #573813 says, the trending issues may fetch more traffic to ISC. As far as I know, ISC is popular for its forum section. So, if trending topics are raised as forum threads, it would fetch more traffic to ISC as such threads will be ranked high by the search engines. But we should keep in mind that a forum thread won't get any responses when ISCians are not interested in it even if it is on a trending issue.

Let us continue learning.

Krishna (#573918) - I do agree with your point of view, but how a topic can be said to be a trending one if the same is ignored by the ISCians for discussion purpose.

There are two facets of this discussion. Your post in ISC will make rank high on search engines or you post as per the high trending topics of search engine. Basically we never think about SEOptimized Keywords while posting in forum. However yes, I do follow this technique while writing articles. Forum is completely different from resource section. Here we all do discussions on trending topics as well as the creative, educational, essential ones; which can't be considered or counted. Hence, as per my opinion the topics should be vital, useful and instructive for everyone.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

I request the members to understand the importance of SEO in making a website sustainable. Just by having your genuine views or whatever you may want to paint it as, the site cannot benefit. Google ( or any other search engine) will go by the keywords. Having a little knowledge of keywords and using them in your contribution as much as possible ( without going overboard) will make the website reach better traffic levels.

Some of us are getting the revenue share bonus just by staying on top of the chart by garnering more and more points. But that does not necessarily mean that it is only because of the members who stayed on top that the site has got revenue. It could be possible that none of the members in the top list might have been instrumental in getting the revenue. Revenue is generated by the best traffic and the clicks on ads through that traffic. Merely displaying the ads on the site does not fetch any revenue. If the site needs to get any revenue, those ads have to be clicked by the visitors. And if you have better keywords in your contribution - your threads or other contributions will get more taffic.

Live....and Let Live...!

#574141 (Mr. Kailash Kumar) : Many a times, movies will be among the most trending topics. For example, the movie Manamantha is a trending topic of the past one hour in India. If a thread is raised on it, most of the members won't participate in the discussion as they don't watch movies much. Even I, who watches movies very frequently cannot participate in the discussion as I don't know anything about that movie. That is what I meant when I said that even a trending topic should not be used to make a thread if ISCians are not interested in it.

Krishna (#574219) - You are right. There is almost nil activity on ISC regarding Rio Olympics which is a trending topic.

Sign In to post your comments