You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Getting mad. My internet connection provider has ceased his operations suddenly.

Since two days the four members of my family are getting made over not having the internet and its related wifi connections as the operator who was giving us very good service has terminated his services suddenly and we could not make alternate arrangements. But today he again came and pleaded to wait for two more days as he is taking another agency and would provide the connection at old rate. We are confused. We want internet and it seems he would further delay. If we go for other connection, the old provider would get annoyed as his junction box is fitted in my house ? Now I could feel the pulse of how we are addicted to internet ?
    Even I get frustrated when I am having very slow internet speed. I was using AIRTEL4g but I found that there given GB is finished very soon, where as when I was using Reliance 3g for the same kind of use it was taking around 1 month, but with use of AIrtel 4G it finished very soon. I understand that they are cheating, but do not know where to complain exactly so that I can get justice.
    So I am using broadband, as they have unlimited internet plans with good speed.
    I found one more thing we have BSNl at Bhubaneswar but they do not listen if any problem arises, but my current internet service provider is wefe internet who is providing good service, high speed with very affordable price.

Yes! Apparently it is similar to food, cloth and shelters, nowadays those who're addicted with internet and its services. I've also an unlimited plan of fibre connection by which three members including me uses internet. Whenever I go out of station I used to recharge a small internet pack for important messages on Whatsapp, Gmail and other Apps in my mobile. Internet is really very much important and need to every person like us.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

It is your own problem when it comes to you, and my own problem when it comes to me. Members cannot help others with such problems in this web world. After all, it is a system that can be OOO (Out of Order) or go under maintenance or to take rest and relax for a while and put you in a problem. Don't we fall sick or take leave. If you are so interested, you should have an alternate means to communicate. A continuously working server should be given rest for a while. We should bear it . If you are an addict to ISC, choose to have a standby system, to be with ISC.

I can clearly understand the position of a forum active member K Mohan who cannot remain without the internet connection.

No life without Sun ¤

Right now I am sharing from the internet cafe and that is the fact.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

If it is due to things beyond his control, then as humans we have to we have to bear with it and wait a bit to enable him set right things. Suppose your money is with him as deposit or advance paid, then how you will recover it? So you have to approach in a balanced and logical way.

If you were getting very good service till now, try to understand him and co-operate with him for a couple of days. Then you can negotiate for some extra benefit or discount or extending bill date or something like that as a reciprocal gesture. Let it not be made a condition at all. But now you have to bear the interruption and take a mobile data connection for a few days just to have some essential and important use.

==================================
    Let us keep faith on ourselves and work sincerely, not leave everything to fate.

Incidentally, I always had a standby system available with me at least since last more than 10 years. In addition to the broadband connection at home, I had a reliance net connect dongle for use while on tour etc. However, since last 2 months, the reliance system is not operational as they are switching over CDMA to GSM and 3G to 4G.
    I still have one more Tata Docomo dongle for unforeseen situations which can be recharged as and when required in an emergency.
    Because of this reason only, I always maintain that my earnings from the ISC are not sufficient to cover even my internet bill.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Firstly, I would like to mention that I am addicted to ISC but not to the internet. Until two months back, I used to get mad if the internet connection fails suddenly or if the power goes. Those days, I used to download and watch English movies and then store them in an external hard disk. Can you believe that I downloaded 1500+ English movies in an year? The first 100 or so helped me to learn fluent English but its a time waste from then. These days, I reduced watching English films as ISC is helping me to learn English in a much better way i,e utilizing time properly, learning English and earning money too. If the internet connection fails, I plan what to do later in ISC. Some people may do this but most others are addicted to the internet due to the social networking sites like Facebook, Twitter etc,. It would be better if such sites are banned or given limited access just like the torrent sites.

Let us continue learning.

Sign In to post your comments