You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Have you seen this GYM which helps us to live in peace and prosperity?

Members,
    You all might have seen or visited or worked in a gym to improve your physique and for building up your body to be healthy and attractive.

Here I am talking about a different GYM which would help to keep us mentally peaceful, bodily healthy, with prosperity in life. That's nothing but the 'GayathrY Manthiram'(GYM). It is said that Gayathry Manthiram is a powerful Sloga among all the slogas. Chanting of Gayanthry Manthiram daily helps us to lead a peaceful and happy life on this earth. It can be chanted once or twice or as many times as we can. One can chant it silently in our mind, one can chant it like murmering, one can chant is loudly for others to hear. The best way is to chant GYM silently in their mind.

Members,
    What do you know about this GYM? Do you chant GYM? Do you wish to chant and get benefitted? Or do you ignore such GYM?

The GYM is:
    "Om Pur puvassuvaha thatsva vithur varenyam
    fargo devasya thee mahi dhiyo yo na prasodayath"

Learned members can correct my GYM for its spelling mistakes, if any. Also they can give the exact meaning of this GYM
    Who can have the guts to say that Gayatri Mantra is not useful and need not be recited. For us it is the daily routine to say and when we wear the new yajur upakarma thread, the next day chanting 1008 times of this great Mantram is must. By the way I am correcting the Mantra which the author has submitted for the benefit of all :

"Om Pur puvassuvaha thatsva vithur varenyam
    Om boo Buvasuvaha , thatsa vidhur varenyam
    fargo devasya thee mahi dhiyo yo na prasodayath"
    bargo devasya dhemahi dhiyo yo na prachodhoyath

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Wow! What an amazing idea! I, being a Brahmin chants Gayatri Mantra almost everyday but never thought of the short form GYM. It is a mantra from Rig Veda and is being widespread now a days. The Gayatri Mantra in International Alphabet of Sanskrit Transliteration is as follows.

om bhur bhuvah svah
    tat savitur varenyam
    bhargo devasya dhimahi
    dhíyo yo nah pracodayat

Due to this thread, I searched internet about Gayatri Mantra for the first time and found all this information. Also, the theme song of the English TV series Battlestar Galactica is a version of the Gayatri Mantra. And, chanting GYM really makes your mind peaceful.

Let us continue learning.

Chanting the Gayathri Mantra might bring in peace of mind, but I am not sure about prosperity.

The way the author has written the mantra or prayer in English is actually not correct. I would give it to krishna for near perfection in his response at #573931.

It should be (as I understand),
    'Om bhur bhuvah swahah
    Tat savitur varenyam
    Bhargo devasya dheemayi
    Dhiyo yo nah prachothaya.

It is said that reciting this mantra or prayer for a particular number of times in the morning will help you to gain positive energy and to be contented and happy throughout.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Mohan, Krishna and Saji,
    You three members who appear to be perfect with GYM have differences in the spelling of GYM. Of course, I am not a person who learned Sanskrit to pronounce the Sloga/Manthra as accurately as a Brahman who are generally good at Sanskrit.

@ Saji, Since I could not write it perfectly, I have requested our learned members to correct my spelling and also to give the meaning of the Manthra in English.

Members are yet to come out with the meaning of GYM.

Mohan, Krishna and Saji are requested to give the meaning of GYM, if they can.

No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments