You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

    Is there any budgetary provision for implementing prohibition?

    Do the State Governments have budgetary provision for creating awareness and educating general public on de-addiction, anti-drug messages, anti-illicit liquor distillation and ill-effects of alcohol consumption in the prohibition and excise department?

    Does the Central Government also have it?

    Where do we get access to the documents pertaining to such budgets?
  • #573940
    Under the Right to Information Act, 2005 any Indian citizen can seek any information from any Government body. On submission of proper application as prescribed under the rules, the PIO (Public information Officer) of the concerned organization is bound to furnish sought information and provide copies of the documents within 30 days.
    However, in day to day experience we often come across posters, banners and advertisements published in print as well as electronic media about the adverse effects of the drug abuse and alcohol consumption etc. In case the author require the specific data, then he may first try to research on the internet resources particularly the websites of the concerned organizations followed by submitting a RTI application in case so required. .

    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments