You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Music

Today is the birthday of Kishor-da!

The great singer was born at Khandwa in Madhya Pradesh. Without any formal training in music, this great singer enthralled the audience for almost 40 years. Although he has left the world more than 27 years before, his songs are still extremely popular. He was equally comfortable in al types of songs. Not only in Hindi and Bengali, Kishor-da sang in more than six different Indian languages.

Not only a great singer, he was a great comedy actor. His films Padosan, Chalti ka nam gadi, Lukochuri (in Bengali) proved his mettle as a great actor.

My respect to this great singer on his birthday (4th August).

One of his greatest songs which is my favourite:
    "Musafir Hoon Yaaron Na Ghar Hai Na Thikaana
    Hm Hm He
    Musafir Hoon Yaaron Na Ghar Hai Na Thikaana
    Mujhe Chalte Jaana Hai Bas Chalte Jaana

Ek Raah Ruk Gayi To Aur Jud Gayi
    Main Muda To Saath Saath Raah Mud Gayi
    Hawa Ke Paron Par Mera Aashiyaana

Din Ne Haath Thaam Kar Idhar Bitha Liya
    Raat Ne Ishaare Se Udhar Bula Liya
    Subah Se Shaam Se Mera Dostaana

Mujhe Chalte jaana hai Bas Chalte Jana hai."
    Kishore Kumar was a loner though he had married four times. His four wives were Ruma Ghosh, Madhubala, Yogeeta Bali and Leena Chandavarkar.
    As a playback singer, he had won 8 Filmfare awards in the best male playback singer category, the most in this category.
    Kishore Kumar was a fan of singer K. L. Saigal to whom he considered his guru. Music director S. D. Burman had spotted his talent on hearing Kishore Kumar imitating K. L. Saigal.
    Some of the immemorable film songs sung by Kishore Kumar which I reminisce now to pay my tribute to the legendary singer, are as follows -
    1. 'Tere bina jindgi se ...'.
    2. 'Tum aa gaye ho, noor aa gaya......'.
    3. 'Khilte hain gul yahan......'.
    4. 'Hum bewafa hargij na the........'.
    5. 'Mera jiwan kora kagaj......'.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Ohh Kishorda! gilili gilli appa, Udley uudliyeu...hahaha. Amzing!

He was a born talented singer. The way he sang all songs with emotions and lively it was just amazing.

When he entered in singing, there were already stabilised great singers like Rafi saab and Mukeshji. However, he gave the uniqueness to singing world with his voice.

Take his comedy song like - "de de mera dede tu paanch rupayiaa barah ana". Or sad song like - "Mera jeevan kora kagaz". Or philosophical song like - "Zindagi Ek safar hai suhana". He was brilliant in his work.

Once Mukesh ji said that when this person (Kishore Da) will reach his peak, we will have to sit aside. Such was Kishore da magic. He was through out in his life was lively and jocking. Many story you may read which will make you laugh.

There was an incident I would like to share it here. S.D.Burman and Kishore da has very great understanding. S.D used to call him no given time, even at mid night, early morning. When Kishore da says "hello", the call used to get cut. Actually, S.D used to check his voice as which time Kishore voice comes perfectly. We may laugh on this incident but those were time when music composer has to look everything, every aspects minutely to create the best song.

There was an incident also when S.D called Kishore da at some unusual timing to sing a song. Kishor da was not in mood but he respected a lot so he went to recording studio. The song which he came to know, which was he supposed to sing was - " Rup Tera Mastana. But the original tune was not what we hear today. The tune was typical S.D Burma style. Kishore da immediately said - " I won't sing this song." is this a song? I mean his usual style. They both did so much argument for the song, finally S.D left the studio in anger. Later, Kishore da sang this song "Rup tera mastana in a tune which was already done for a Bengali movie. He brought the same tune and completed the recording and thus we got another super hit Hindi song.

We may never end talking about him such kind of person he was. He may not with us but his voice will always a challenge to every singer who step into this music field.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

How can we forget this great singer of the past whose songs still lingers in our mind? I enjoyed his film song from Aaradhana - Mere Sabne ki Rani kab aayegi tu......A scintillating song to feel and enjoy the lyrics, music and voice of Kishore Kumar. Ye.... kya hua..... kaisa hua...... jab hua..... kyon hua ........from film Amar Prem is another song I like from Kishore Kumar. Mere saamne wale kidki mem ek chand ka thukada rahthi hai.......... is another great song from Kishore dada.
    No life without Sun ¤

Wow who can forget the contributions of Kishore Kumar to Hindi cinema and his songs are even ever green today. Mera jeevan Kora Kagaz, kora hi rehega ya was best rendition and I like that song very much.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I take this opportunity to pay my respects to one of my favorite singers. kishore Kumar was a combination of different talents. While remembering him as a singer, one cannot afford to miss his career as an actor. He was the singing voice of Amitabh Bachan once. I can recount so many of his songs but I would like to make a special mention of his song, the evergreen 'Mere sapnon ki rani....' because I had the pleasure of earning many appreciations by rendering the same at different functions. 'Khilte hein gul yahan..', ' Hume tumse pyaar kitna....' and so many of them which I can't list due to restriction of space. Feeling blessed to be born when a legend like him was around. Happy birthday Kishoreda, we miss you ( and that yellari, yellari uhoo...' in double tone)!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

Kishore kumar was undoubtely a true legend. He had a marvellous music career and he also did show us a glimpse of his acting skills. His music had an essence of creativity and still echos in the gloomy winds with the glorious memories of the past. Although a bit loner, he never let his personal problems come in his way and this attitude turned out to be a career defining moment for him. Hats off to the great man!

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.