You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

The changed forum feature layout is giving over all score of star performers now.

When I opened the site now, I was surprised to see my name as the first super star of this forum with more than one lakh points and surprised to see Sun leading at second and Venkiteshwaran at third and more surprising was the presence of Sukhdev Singh, at fourth place and the ever enthusiastic Kailash Kumar is at fifth position. If the points to be taken as the consideration, the there cannot be any competition for me from the nearest contenders as the score total difference was much and Kailash Kumar is far behind.
    It seems to be an error. The layout should give only the stats for the last 30 days. There must be some technical glitch. The stats being shown appear to be the all time score.

The last 30 day score should have Kailash Kumar in the first place followed by Mohan. We may need to wait till the glitch is set right by Tony sir or any other webmaster. .

Live....and Let Live...!

Why the forum layout has been changed without any notice. it looks like the article page and the comment post by author also giving the similar look, Is it the changed done by webmaster or it is due to any kind of mistake or error for which the layout of article page has been copied for this forum page. It does not look good as previous was looking good also easy to read .

The new template provides more space for display of advertisements. As far as I understand, the websites sustain on the revenue generated through advertisements only. The contents area has been shrunk to make room for the display of the advertisement.
    The members who are given free of charge, a platform to express themselves will soon get accustomed to the new template.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Yes Mr. Mohan, I too observed that. I don't know why the template for forum section is changed. Maybe, the webmasters are trying something new. Frankly speaking, I don't like this new template.

Now at 9 am when I opened this site, the discrepancies were corrected and the total points earned in 30 days is rightly mentioned and the super star positions are defined.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

There is definitely some technical problem. We can hope that ISC administration would be able to rectify it very quickly.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

It has to be noted that the points earned by posting 'forum responses' only during the last 30 days are displayed as for determining 'Forum Super Stars' rankings, only the points earned by posting forum responses is counted instead of the total earned points from all activities. Even the points earned by raising new threads in the forum section are not reckoned for the purpose.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments