You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Open interaction between ISC forum active members - An interactive thread

Members,
    Generally, once in a while, I create such a thread for free and frank open interaction between the active members of ISC's forum section. This thread provides an opportunity to all the forum active members to ask a question and/ or to answer a question from other members. Members may ask questions related to ISC or personal. Members may post their answers as they wish. One may refrain from answering the question with a simple response 'Sorry, no comments/not willing'. Kindly avoid asking very sensitive personal questions.

The member asking a question should commence his response as below:
    My question to Mr/Ms...................
    (Question)

The member responding to a question should commence his response as below:
    My answer to Mr/Ms...........
    (Answer)

Members, Let us have a good interaction between the members to clarify our queries and doubts relating to ISC or personal.
    My question addressed to Mr. Sun is that as to when he will replace his very old Padmini car with a new model as nowadays a number of new cars of different makes and models are available in the market. Also, in case he don't intend to replace his car, then what are the logical reasons for the same?
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

My answer to Kailash:
    Dear Kailash, You know that Old is gold. My good old Padmini is part and parcel of my life. I can/will never part with my Padmini. It will remain with me as long as I live. Even if I get a new one, Padmini will be aside and she will be used and cared. I may not get the pleasure and joy from others as I get it from my good old Padmini. Her DOB is 8th March 1973, and I wish to celebrate her golden jubilee on 8th March 2023.

No life without Sun ¤

My question to Kailash:
    Kailash,
    When I prepared my first edition if ISC India Map, you volunteered to have your name placed in the Map. When I prepared my second edition of ISC India Map, you volunteered to have your name removed from the Map. When I am preparing the thread edition of ISC India Map, You volunteered again to be inside the Map.

May I know your unsteady mind and indifferent attitude in having your name in ISC India Map?

No life without Sun ¤

My question to Kailash,

Why do you always make it a point to post your response to every thread in the forum, even when you have nothing to contribute in terms of value addition? Please do not take it too personal. It is just as a mark of pointing out the errors being committed so that your contributions will always remain quite valuable.

Live....and Let Live...!

My answer to Sun:
    I have the distinction of being the first ISCian to post my consent for being a part of the ISC India Map when its first edition was announced by Sun. The same is the case when its third edition is announced. I do agree that when its second edition was announced, then I refused to be a part of the same. The reason for the same was not the merits of the ISC India map as such but instead, some of its side effects which resulted in few unpleasant exchanges of controversial nature. However, the fact remains that I had always been a part of the ISC India map since its inception, representing the Uttar Pradesh.

My question to Kailash:
    (My question has been deleted as advised by the Admin in the response following this response.)

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,
    Once a question is answered, I think you should not go further with more questions. The thread should not become a one-on-one chat between 2 members! This would apply to others too who respond in this thread. Ask one, get an answer, done. And no digs and personal comments at anybody, including the admin. Don't rake up the past, ever. It never did anybody any good.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

My answer to Timmappa Kamat -
    As an ISCian it is my prerogative to choose to post any response or not which is always subject to the scrutiny and moderation by the editors of the ISC. It is the editors of the ISC who decide if the responses have any value or not. Also, I do take the advice of the editors in right spirit about corrections etc., if any. It is practically neither possible nor required to accommodate the wishes and desires of all individual members of the ISC.

My qestion to Kailash sir,
    How do you manage your time for your day - to - today activities ? Of course, it is purely a personnel question and if it does not hurt you, please reveal how much time you devote to ISC channel daily in different activities. In addition to it what are your other activities?

My answer to Sheo Shankar Jha -
    It is true that it is a very personal question and everything cannot be divulged on a public forum. Still, I would like to answer the question to the possible extent. I lead a very organised life including daily yoga and physical activity/exercise in the morning. I generally remain online but it doesn't take much time in posting contents as I love writing. During my service period, I used to work very hard which has become a habit even after retirement. I have a definite plan regarding ISC activity and accordingly it will get changed in due course. After retirement from a busy service, nothing much remains to do provided the things are well planned. I pay social visits , entertain guests at home, visit outdoor for bank and health related activities like a monthly visit to CGHS dispensary and everything else which is required for a common man. Only a few months back, with the blessings of the God, I have successfully executed one of major activity of one's life i.e. marriage of my daughter, visited US for five weeks and a visit to UK is in the pipeline.

Thank you sir, for your revealations. It appears that you lead a very enjoyful life. I wish you all the best in all the ventures, you wish to undertake. Once again thank you.

My question to Mr. Sun
    Why did you remove your profile photo? As the photo was available from the day I joined ISC, I presume you don't want to hide your photo. I was wondering why you removed your photo some days back. I don't mean to offend you in anyway. Answer this question only if you want to.

My question is to krishna teja
    Assuming you to be a student based on one of your thread, how do you manage to contribute in ISC between your studies?

My answer to Krishna:
    My profile photo was a black and white old photo which I cherish in my life. Since I do not have any other latest fitting passport size photograph to upload, I placed me inside my Padmini using the paint section. Of course, the background of Padmini with her bright rear lights really impressed me. However, my profile photo came under some criticism. I thought it better to have no photo than having some photo. I am already receiving Google Adsense Revenue, and there is no need to have a photograph in my profile. You can imagine the Universal Sun on my profile page. Also, I have a sentimental reason for removing my profile photo. Very recently, while I was driving my Padmini, a fat pig crossed my way and damaged my front light fitted on my bumper. Since I was driving slowly, the pig had a narrow escape. (Evil eyes fell on my Padmini - Buraa Nazar Lagh Gaya)

No life without Sun ¤

My answer to Ms. sushma
    I am currently studying final year of engineering. College timings are form 09:30 AM to 04:30 PM. I spend the remaining time with ISC and preparation (related to my life ambition). During classes, I try to listen and understand everything I am taught. After that, I study one day before the exam which is enough for me to score about 85%. Moreover, I am studying engineering just for a degree but not to get a job related to it. In this way, I am contributing in ISC while studying well for now and for the future too.

My question to Krishna:
    This question is based on your response at #574242. Why did you opt for Engineering if you didn't want to go for a job related to the same? Don't you think it is a waste of time, efforts and money? You should have been more practical.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

My question to Sun
    Did you purchase your good old Pdamini, yourself? Moreover, how do you manage to drive it on the roads. A car's registration is valid only for 15 years. At the most it may get an extension of 5 years. But your car is much older than that. Does the traffic guard not catch you for violating the rules?

Patience and perseverance pays

How an author could knows when I ask something to him/her in this thread. If you want to ask a question to a particular person then there must be some auto intimation feature; which is not here as in message option. So, why need of this discussion. If I ask a question to an active forum member who'll see this thread after 15 days or never see due to some internet / other issues, then what's worth of posting here?
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

My question is to Mr Sun you mentioned about ISC map I was not present at that time and from the conversation you had with Mr kailash it seems to be nice idea please provide some more information about it, and as you mentioned Mr kailash first joined it first, can I also join this programme.
    "It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

My answer to Dhruv:
    Dhruv, I am the fourth owner of my good old Padmini. She was with a doctor for the first 15 years, and then with a trader for another 5 years, and with a shipyard officer for 5 years. And now she is with me for the last 18 years. Since I am staying in a small city, the validity period of 15 years is not applicable. The cars RC can be renewed for every five years. As of now, she is fit to run on road till 2019. When I took her to the Regional Transport Authority for renewal of her fitness, the officer wondered to see the condition of the vehicle and awarded the fitness certificate. While I hold a valid Certificate of Registration, Tax paid certificate, Valid Insurance Certificate, Pollution certificate and a Valid driving licence, who on earth can hold Me and my Padmini on the road. In fact the policemen smile at my good old Padmini's look and style. My Padmini was never stopped and checked by a police at any time. ( I never take her out without valid certificates. I don't like to grin in front of the police or RTO).

No life without Sun ¤

My answer to Naresh Kumar (in the capacity of the author of this thread)
    Generally, all forum active members( I repeat) forum active members would like to react after reading the thread title " Open interaction between ISC forum active members - An interactive thread ." If some member reads and ignores this thread, he/she may not be a forum active member. Also, if a member feels that a member addressed may not go through this thread, a PM could be sent to alert the member to read this thread and post his/her response.

@ Remember, this is a very very very interesting thread to ISC members where personal issues are discussed openly and frankly. All are expected to be interested in this interactive thread on personal issues of a member.

My answer to Neelam Joshi:
    Neelam, ISC India Map is for all ISC members. Your good name will be included in the map provided you disclose your state you belong to. Kindly post your response in that thread.

No life without Sun ¤

Quest to Sun
    I want you to be a normal member with no controversial duel or spat with others for no reason or for the matters which is not concerned at all. Is that possible ?

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

My question to all active Members of ISC:-

What benefits do you get with your intimate association with ISC? What have you learnt from this platform? How do you want to utilise your acquired knowledge (from ISC) in future?

P.S.:- Members, please don't respond to my questions. These will be poted separately.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

My answer to Mohan:
    Nothing can be said than a big THANK YOU for branding me as an abnormal member. However, to satisfy you, It is not me but the other members who tempt me to be a controversial duel to spate with others as they drag me into such situation. I cannot simply rest and be quiet. While all others can call it as their prerogative, why not I have my own prerogative at ISC. There are very few members of ISC who always wish to lock horns with me. They wait for such situation. Be good to the good, and be worst to the bad, a good policy I follow.

Mohan cannot be Sun, and Sun cannot be Mohan.

No life without Sun ¤

From Author of this thread
    To: Partha,
    Partha, Kindly avoid posting such general question addressed to all. This thread is for one to one interaction between ISC members.
    You may create a special thread to get the response from all members. Kindly don't misuse this thread.

No life without Sun ¤

Partha,
    The thread is interesting. Let it continue with one to one interactive session and your question is of general nature and can be posted separately after sometime. You can ask the question to any member of your choice in this thread.

Regards,
    Jagdish

#574293: My questions are same for all Members. The answers would be different from all Members. There is no question of misusing threads. I would like to know what the Members plan to achieve from ISC. Don't you think that the aim of individual Members would be different?
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Okay, I accept the decision of the Editor. Members, please don't respond to my earlier questions.

From author to Mr. Partha,
    Kindly delete your response number 574291. Someone might post their response in a hurry without going through the following responses from me , the editor and you.

No life without Sun ¤

My question to Mohan,
    Mr. Mohan, It is my sincere observation. While you have won too many TOW awards from ISC, you failed to win contest awards especially when ISC ask us to write something within a prescribed word limit. In many such contest threads, you never used to follow the instructions regarding the word limit, but you always post your response below the minimum word limit ( Many times I indicated to you then and there that you are not with the word limit) and when asked, you used to say that it was your prerogative to respond as you like. Is it not an ignorance and insult to the contest author?

Don't you consider it as an inappropriate act by not following the guidelines of the contest author? While all other contest participants can follow the contest guidelines and rules, why you fail to follow it and call it as a prerogative to do so? Should I say that you lack creativity but you post something only to earn some points?

What is your explanation?

No life without Sun ¤

My question to Saji Ganesh/Jagdish Patro
    Have ever felt that your interaction in the forum is limited as you have upgraded to editor/lead editor from an ordinary member? Because we members when we had interactions previously with you really missing your part though you are coming then and there but most of the time you reserved as an editor comments only.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

My answer to Mr. Saji Ganesh
    To the response #574270, a degree is a minimum qualification needed to achieve my life ambition. Other than B.Tech/B.E. (4 years) there are many degrees like B.Sc. (3 years) but I opted for engineering in computer science in a government university. My plan is to get a degree such that I can have the free time to enjoy as well as to move ahead towards my life ambition. I can't get more free time if I study in private colleges. So, I wanted to study in a government college. As I am interested in computers, it won't take me much time to study for an exam. So, I wanted to get a degree in computer science. I am told that degrees other than engineering require students to study more subjects other than computer related ones when compared to engineering. So, I chose to join in a government engineering college in computer science department. I am continuing my contribution in ISC because the enjoyment I get here is more than the enjoyment I get while watching a movie or so. I am enjoying every hour of my life.

My question to Saroja Ji,
    How you developed an interest in numbers and words as many of your threads revolve around numbers and words.

My answer to Sun:
    From the beginning I am not comfortable with contest and Group discussions initiated within this site for many reasons. Probably the contests were not appealing to me to respond and even in group discussions, those who respond more is considered and that is wrong and that is why I am keeping away from GD deliberately.

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

My question to our Vandana the ME of ISC.

Just recently, you have completed 5 years as ME, we all know how hard is being the ME. You had to get opposed by some members (including me) for some of your judgment in ISC. Again, you got appreciations and applause too by the same members. However, my question is - " are you honest enough to say that throughout in this 5 years, you were not partial with the members? I would like to get your answer the way you say "straight from my heart".

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

My question is to LE Saji Ganesh.

When I was new, I used to get strong positive aura from your post, no matter what you say. Time passed and you were selected forum editor, I was one of the member who was really happy with your promotion. However, time passed and I (personally) feel that we lost that Saji who used to post such fiercely thought. You have totally changed once you become editor, would you like to answer my simple question- why?

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

My answer to Kailash ji

Yes as you have asked, even I myself asked why my mind/brain always connected any situation around with numbers and of late when I realise that it is got recognized my inclination has become more and even I can say I have become addict (even we call this addiction as numero addiction).

For a recent happening how I have related the numbers
    When I meet a person after a very long gap, immediately my mind calculated the year in which we met lastly coincides the age of that person that year and age of my present year.

Why the editors Saji and Jagdish even did not respond to our questions in this forum thread related to forum responses of them.

Nice to be in ISC and feel the difference.

My question to Gypsy-
    Have you ever owned or own at present the popular vehicle Maruti Gypsy.

My answer to Jeets' query in #574375:

First of all, note that before I became ME I was a general editor so whatever I have been doing I have done so with full responsibility right from the beginning itself, when I started my editorship in January 2009, way before you joined this site. You know me only since last 4 years & are not aware of my work prior to that. So what I am answering here relates to my work from the beginning and not just the 5 years as ME. The role of ME has just given me more responsibility, in the sense of heading the editorial team, keeping an eye on backlogs, guiding them, distributing work when anybody is on leave, etc. My general attitude towards members, in my view, has not changed merely because of the new role.

Coming to the answer to your query:
    Straight from the heart - yes, I was and am partial, not to only one but to many members, but in a good way. Whenever a request comes in from members to restore posting permission, I will be partial and bat for them, debating heatedly with the section's editors & Webmasters to give them yet another chance, even if there have been more than one past violations.

I have also given enhanced points & cc to some members who are established good contributors when I felt that the editor did not give due justice to the quality of the content. So, yes, here too I have been partial in a good way.

I have singled out many new members when they started out their fledgling days here at ISC, praising their contributions in the open forum. Sadly, got the partiality barb thrown at me when I became ME, when in reality I was simply doing it, as I usually did, to encourage newbies. What's more, very unfortunately, a couple of these members got inflated heads & got carried away by the fact that no less than the ME was praising them, subsequently acting like they were the epitome of perfect contributors without whom ISC would not survive! After a couple of such occurrences, I have changed my method of appreciation, doing so via emails or through private messages as I felt praising a newbie in front of other members in the forum seems to have boomeranged very badly on me.

Regards,
    Vandana

My answer to Saroja and Jeets-

I am posting a common response since the crux of the query by both of you are almost similar. I do agree that I have not been posting many threads or responses as earlier. But believe me, it has got nothing to do with my assignments as an editor or lead editor. To be frank, I am not at all feeling restricted. Yes, time constraints are there and I need to devote more time to editing jobs since I have agreed to do the same. At the same time, you must have noticed that I do join a thread which I feel is interesting or one in which I think my interference is required.

And Jeets, I am the same old Saji. I can't change!

I have noted your points and will try to ensure that I am more frequent with posting of threads and responses. I thank you both for the kind words of appreciation and look up to your continued support all through.

Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

My Question to Managing Editor Vandana
    Madam, This question is pertaining to your Adsense revenue share earning. You rank no.3 among the top earners of ISC with Rs. 1,28000 + as on date. Since you are the first member to post 1000 articles in the resource section, I think your Adsense revenue share must be very high.

As an ordinary member of ISC, I could simply earn $200 (Rs. 12,000) within 5 years with 50 articles to my credit. So I just imagined your 1000 articles and calculated your earning. You could have earned more than $ 5500 (Rs. 3,30,000)with 1000 articles in 7 years.

Am I right in my assumption and presumption? Did Adsense revenue fetch you the amount I imagined and calculated? Is it less or more? Kindly respond to boost the morale of ISCians.

No life without Sun ¤

Sorry for joining late in the discussion here as I was busy with my personal affairs. My response to Sarojaji-

Though it appears that I have limited my presence in the Forum discussions due to Editorial responsibilities, my speedy innings in ISC has suddenly slowed down because of my hectic schedules in office and personal front. Incidentally it happened after my elevation as Editor and I had to focus on the responsibility undertaken first and contribution next. However, I am trying my best to join the discussions where I feel interesting and my presence should not lead to a biased stand or controversy. Thank you for your words of appreciation and looking forward for your active contribution in ISC.

Regards,
    Jagdish

My answer to Sun's query in #574495 :

I am honestly clueless!! I have never ever kept track of my overall earnings. Note that I haven't necessarily reached the minimum payout each and every month, with gaps in-between on occasion.

Regards,
    Vandana

Vandana the ME, though you have said more than what it requires but it is ok. At least you openly said that you are partial, doesn't matter whether it is good or bad, it only depends on situations. However, I would like to say you that in the history of human, revolution only happend when one get so much and one get nothing. appreciating new member is ok but keeping someone particular above than everyone will no one digest.

You are not Goddess but a simple human who can do mistakes it is different if you do not want to accept it.

Saji, thanks for understanding, we hope we would see some lively threads from you.

Advice to Mr. Jeets,
    From Author: Kindly avoid counter responding to a member's answer. You should stop it there. You may throw a fresh question on a different issue, if you wish. If you counter a members answer, then this thread will become a normal thread with arguments. Let us avoid it as directed by Vandana in her response No. # 574176.

No life without Sun ¤

Then members also require to answer that much which actually require. More than necessary talks will obviously lead to argument.

Mr. Jeets. #574532
    From Author of this thread: It is up to the member to respond as they wish. Even they can say 'Sorry, No I do not wish to answer'. The questioning member has to accept the response and keep quiet. It is the privilege given to a member whether to respond or not to respond. We cannot compel a member to post a response in this thread or any other thread. It is a One to one, One question and one Answer only.
    The END to our conversation.

No life without Sun ¤

It's not end. When you jump to other members thread and divert it, where this logic vanish then?. I too know that this is question and answer thread but giving provocative aswer will only lead to argument. Just because Vandana said doesn't mean she is always right!

Now this conversation end. If you reply again, I won't stop myself coming back again.

My interactive Question to Jeets:
    Mr. Jeets, I understand that you are a good musician. Music brings peace and happiness to our mind. Musicians are expected to be very cool and handle issues amicably. But I find Jeets a hot guy. I feel that you need to fine tune your tone with some well polished English to give a pleasing effect, not a hurting effect.. Am I right? What is your self-assessment?

@ Note: My End was only in the capacity of an Author of this thread. This question is raised in the capacity of an ordinary member participant in this thread.

No life without Sun ¤

My answer to Sun,

First of all let me clear you that I am not a professional musician but yes I know to play few musical instruments. Since I work in this field from such a long time, I do have my limited knowledge and experience about this subject. Yes, Music can make you calm and allow you to handle pressure more than any normal person but again a musician too is a human and can express his/her thought openly.

Do you mean polished English doesn't hurt anybody? As far as my experience in ISC, I have seen some well educated member using "sugar coated" words and hurting others and I feel that hurting affect is more than what one say it directly. Though, I have no intention to hurt anyone with my words but I believe in talking face to face rather than throwing stone from behind the curtain or indirectly without taking name. If I have some issue with you, I would face you direct instead of hurting you on your back.

I am not here to show my "affectionate Love" to someone or try to impress other with sycophancy attitude. What I am in real, I am here in ISC. I have no double face or two teeth, one for eating and one for showing.

That's all I can say about me. It is up to you, how you take me in your mind.

My answer to Kailash,

Yes, I owned and drove a Gypsy for around ten years. I bought the Gypsy twice, first time it was the hard-top model with just four gears and a very laborious method of changing the 2-wheel drive to 4-wheel drive. I used that for around five years and sold it thereafter. Then I bought a Gypsy King, soft-top one with five gears and used it for another five years or so.

My question to Vandana, ME (a difficult question, indeed).
    Why have you stopped me addressing as 'Kailash, Sir' despite the fact that there had been much discussion and deliberation on the subject matter in the forum section and you had always been able to vindicate/justify your point of view.
    You have the option to leave the question unanswered also.

Mr. Kailash Kumar, I am aware of the option available & there was no need to point it out. I do not wish to answer your question.
    Regards,
    Vandana

Sun and Jeets, shouldn't we leave it where it is? I think (being responsible) we should. Let us be mature enough to be doing the right things at the right time.

My Interactive Question to Edr. Mr. Saji Ganesh:
    Mr.Saji, Many a time, I observed you posting a response in a hurry without going through the situation or understanding the thread in detail. For e.g. In this thread, as an author, I had a conversation with Jeets making him realise that it is a one to one question and answer session when he countered Vandana's response. I put an end to it as an author, and asked a separate one to one question to Jeets and got the response, and it got over. Nothing went wrong further. But you came out with a response advising the members who did not proceed further with any unnecessary argument. Was the response necessary from you while this thread is progressing peacefully?

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,
    It is not expected of you as a Platinum member to make very personal insulting remarks. I have removed the last 2 sentences in #574665. I request all members, including editors, to participate in this thread in a decent manner befitting an ISCian and not trade barbs here.

Regards,
    Vandana

My question to Mr. Timmappa Kamat.
    Mr. Timmappa,
    You are an ordinary member like any other member of ISC , not an editor. But I see you behaving differently. Very recently, in one of the member's (Naresh) thread, you voluntarily invited a third member(Sun) to post a nasty response (you physically worded it as nasty) and when the member did it, you created a problem over it. May I know why you presume and assume something that a member would do and expect the same to happen. Why are you interested in inviting unnecessary trouble to you and others?

No life without Sun ¤

This thread is being locked as it has run for 10 days. It is advisable not to bring out personal spats in such threads but restrict oneself to healthy Q and A sessions.
    Regards,
    Vandana

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.