You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

A humourous take on our taxation system.

Dear members,this is a humourous take on our taxation system without any intention to hurt any one's sentiments.
    Here is a humourous take on our country's tax system,
    What are you doing ?
    Ans. : Business
    Tax : PAY PROFESSIONAL TAX!
    What are you doing in business?
    Ans. : Selling the Goods.
    Tax : PAY SALES TAX!
    From where are u getting Goods?
    Ans. : From other Area / State / Abroad.
    Tax : PAY CENTRAL SALES TAX, CUSTOM DUTY & OCTROI AND NOW LBT & LPT!
    What are you getting in Selling Goods?
    Ans. : Profit
    Tax : PAY INCOME TAX!
    How do you distribute profit ?
    Ans. : By way of dividend
    Tax : Pay DIVIDEND DISTRIBUTION TAX!
    Where are you manufacturing goods?
    Ans. : Factory
    Tax : PAY EXCISE DUTY!
    Do you have Office / Warehouse / Factory?
    Ans. : Yes
    Tax : PAY MUNICIPAL & FIRE TAX!
    Do you have Staff?
    Tax : PAY STAFFS PROFESSIONAL TAX!
    Where are you lodging your client?
    Ans. : Hotel
    Tax : PAY LUXURY TAX!
    Are you going Out of Station for Business?
    Tax : PAY FRINGE BENEFIT TAX!
    Hav you taken or given any Service/s?
    Tax : PAY SERVICE TAX!
    How come you got such a big amount?
    Ans. : Gift on Birthday
    Tax : PAY GIFT TAX!
    To reduce tension, for entertainment, where are you going?
    Ans. : Cinema or Resort
    Tax : PAY ENTERTAINMENT TAX!

Have you purchased House?
    Tax : PAY STAMP DUTY & REGISTRATION FEE
    Any Additional Tax left out?
    Tax : PAY EDUCATION CESS, SECONDARY & HIGHER EDUCATION CESS, KRISHI KALYAN CESS & SURCHARGE ON ALL THE CENTRAL GOVT. TAXES !!!
    Delayed any time Paying Any Tax?
    Tax : PAY INTEREST & PENALTY!
    Do you want growth of India.?
    Of course, Yes
    Tax : Then pay , WATER TAX, ROAD TAX, SWATCH BHARATH Cess, etc..
    A nice dig at our complicated taxation system in India and hope none pays the tax with total sincerity and that is the reason being income disclosure regime is in force now to declare undisclosed income and escape from possible raids in future and embarrassment thereafter.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Interesting thread and more informative about taxation. Overall the business persons will never hide from view of taxations in India. Whatever your business process should be you need to pay tax and that goes directly to govt of India.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

This is not an original write-up of the thread author though. It is a joke which is doing the rounds on Whats App.

Also, the author would like to be gently alerted that we do not wish to see words in all caps letters as this is tantamount to yelling.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

What a humorous talk on our tax and taxation system. Really I never knew that so many taxes are existing in our country. So, I feel that the GST will combine all the above taxes as 'Goods and Service Tax' not to get confused with other taxes. Let us bid farewell to the existing taxes of our country and welcome GST wholeheartedly.
    No life without Sun ¤

A nice humorous thread about the tax system of our country. Maybe, this is why some people won't pay tax properly. We are paying a lot of money as tax and not much of it is being used properly by the government due to the corrupt officials/politicians. I don't know some of the taxes mentioned above. Are all those really real?

Let me add, something original -
    Scenario - I:
    Buyer: I want to buy a 'XYZ' product.
    Seller: With or without a cash memo?
    Buyer: How it makes a difference?
    Seller: You will have to pay all the applicable taxes, in case buying with the cash memo which will cost you more by Rs. 10.
    Buyer: Will it make any difference in the quality of the product?
    Deller: Absolutely, not. Same product will be given to me. In the case of buying with a cash memo, I will have to pay the taxes which will be passed on to you.
    Buyer: OK, give me without a cash memo.
    Scenario - II:
    Inspector: You are not paying any income tax, it seems that you are making a profit in the taxable range.
    Professional: Sir, it is not like that. Nowadays there is much competition in the profession and hardly few clients visit us.
    Inspector: Show me your records. Are you maintaining proper records of all the fee charged by you for providing services?
    Professional: Sure, Sir. All the records are available. By the way from where you come from, I mean to which place you belong too?
    Inspector: I belong to this area only. Can you tell me, some good professional in this area? I require to avail services for one of my relatives.
    Professional: Smilingly, Sir, what you will take? Tea or coffee?

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments