You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

A question on the forum tabs

What is the difference between the two –
    1. Notify me by email when others post comments to this article
    2. Subscribe/Unsubscribe

I noticed these tabs when posting a forum response. How is one different from the other? Can someone please explain.
    When you react to a thread and put a comment and want notification about other comments in that thread, you can tick to ' Notify me by email when others post comments to this article'. When you're not commenting to a thread and want to more about that discussion then you can click o 'Subscribe' button.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

By Notify me by email when others post comments to this article means the system shall send you the feed backs recieved from the members to your e mail account for your information. And Subscribe/Unsubscribe is the option you can exercise to have such e mail information facility.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The first one is an option meant for notifying the responses posted by other members via e-mail to the mailing address provided by you at the time of registration. The second one - Subscribe or unsubscribe would give you an alert to your profile about the responses received for a particular thread when you click on the 'Subscribe' button after posting your response. When you open your profile page, you can see the message under 'my alert' tab. If you don't want to know about the further responses, you can visit the particular thread and click on 'unsubscribe' so that further alerts about the responses could be prevented.
    Regards,
    Jagdish

I think the editorJagdish Patro has well clarified the issue raised. Yesterday one of my threads on GST was made an active GD by the ISC management and I found alerts on my dashboard whenever any response was posted though I had myself not opted for either of 'subscribe' or 'unsubscribe' options. However, the feature enabled me to be aware of the progress underway in the discussion.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments