You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Today August 7, the day meant behind Hiroshima

Today, the seventh August is remembered that this day only the first Atomic Attack happened in Hiroshima. Though the country raised herself with multifaceted this day is remembered for the persons sacrificed their lives. In Vasavi Metric Higher Secondary School of Dindigul, Tamilnadu observed this day as Memorable day of Hiroshima ruin. We also pray for the souls rested on that day.
    I think this day would be ever remembered across the world as the worst has happened by bombing the Hiroshima area and surely with clear determination and courage the Japanese have forgot that major catastrophe and risen to newer heights in their life. I pay my sincere homage to those who died in this major carnage created by human beings.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Actually, the atom bomb named 'Little Boy' was dropped on the city Hiroshima at 8:15 AM (Japanese time) on August 6, 1945. It directly killed an estimated 70,000 people. However, the number of deaths increased to estimated 90,000–166,000 by the end of the year. There were 90,000 buildings in Hiroshima before Little Boy, but after dropping the bomb, only 28,000 remained. Before the bomb was dropped there were 200 doctors and 1780 nurses in the city, but after that only 20 doctors and 150 nurses remained in a position to take care of the sick and injured.
    The first confirmation of exactly what had happened came only sixteen hours later with the announcement of the bombing by the United States.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The Hiroshima and Nagasaki bombings were one of the biggest man made disasters occurred till date. The two bombs named 'Little Boy' and 'Fat Man' were dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki on August 6, 1945 and August 9, 1945 respectively. They were the first of that kind but a disturbing fact is that more of them were made ready to destroy other places of Japan. Luckily, the plans were scrapped due to some reasons. More than 150,000 people were killed due to these bombings. By the way, the survivors of these bombings are named 'hibakusha' meaning explosion effected people in Japanese. A person named 'Tsutomu Yamaguchi' is an officially recognized 'double hibakusha' meaning double survivor. He is 3 km from the Hiroshima bombing when it happened. Later, he went to his hometown Nagasaki before the Nagasaki bombing. May the dead rest in peace and the living live in peace.

6th August, 1945 and 9th August, 1945 were truly two black days in the history of entire humanity. This is particularly more painful when we come to know that the USA did this to force Japan to surrender quickly. Killing of millions of people and destruction of property can't be supported under any excuse. However, it seems that a large section of the people has not learnt any lesson. They are indulging in such abhorrent acts that these may cause some more meaningless death and destruction.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments