You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Happy Friendship day quotes & greetings - post them here

Looking for a unique quote or greeting for a friend? There is a wonderful collection of them right here in this forum thread.

Here is the small write up which I chanced upon to read and I am sharing on this wonderful International Friendship day dedicated to all the ISC family members.

A for------------Any friend
    B for-----------Best friend
    C for--------- Close friend
    D for---------- Dear friend
    E for-----------Ever friend
    F for-- -------Family friend
    G for ---------Good friend
    H for ----- -Helping friend
    I for-------Innocent friend
    J for --------- Jovial friend
    K for-----------Kind friend
    L for--------- Lovely friend
    M for---------Merry friend
    N for-------Naughty friend
    O for --------- Open friend
    P for ------Personal friend
    Q for---------- Quiet friend
    R for ----------Right friend
    S for---------Special friend
    T for----------- True friend
    U for--- Understanding friend
    V for -------Valuable friend
    W for-----Wonderful friend
    X for----------Xelent friend
    Y for----------Young friend
    Z for--------- Zealous friend

Members can react on this or share their version of friendship greatness with poems or other skits .
    Few people may get confused only in the case description associated with the letter 'X'. The word 'xelent' means excellent in the Portuguese language. There is no word as 'xelent' in the English language.
    The nearest description in the English language may perhaps be 'ex-friend'.
    I also came across one such message doing the round in the social media, though the same had a very deep sarcasm. The message was 'today is the 'Friendship Day' as well as the 'Nag Panchmi' and because of that, I am confused as to whom to worship first'.
    Out of the 26 letters of the English alphabet, only one letter 'F' is sufficient to qualify a friendship. 'F' stands for a friend and that is perhaps sufficient without qualifying the same with an adjective.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

I do agree tha Xelent is not the right word, but for the whole some beauty of the details created by the original author, we can excuse that one word not in tandem.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

A friend is one of the most important persons in anyone's life. After reading the above responses, I came to know that there is no proper term with X. So, I searched for the positive words starting with X and managed to find one.
    X for----------Xenodochial friend
    Happy friendship day.

I suggest that we all share some nice quote or greeting in this thread, mentioning the author of the quote / source. Here's my contribution, titled 'Travelers' by Patience Strong:

This life is like a journey and the roadway twists and bends - and we fall in with strange companions, unexpected friends,
    That go with us a little way, then pass out of our sight - all links that make our destinies, then fade into the night....
    So when we form acquaintances, it's up to us to see - we leave them just a little better for our company -
    Give them kind words to recollect, thoughts that uplift and bless - let them back without a single thought of bitterness...
    So find some fellow-traveller that you can love and trust - who'll go with you through sun and rain, through heat and storm and dust -
    Someone to help you on the way, a good and faithful friend - and hand in hand you'll travel gaily to your journey's end.

Happy Friendship Day to my special family here!

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

1. True friendship is when you walk into their house and your Wi Fi connects automatically – Author Unknown
    2. A friend is someone who knows all about you and still loves you – Elbert Hubbard
    3. There is nothing better than a friend unless it is a friend with chocolate - Linda Grayson
    4. Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit - Aristotle
    5. A friend to all is a friend to none - Aristotle

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Some friendship quotes I came across are:
    1) A real friend is one who walks in when rest of the world walks out. – Walter Winchell
    2) A true friend never gets in your way unless you happen to be going down. – Arnold H. Glasgow
    3) A loyal friend laughs at your jokes when they're not so good, and sympathizes with your problems when they're not so bad. – Arnold H. Glasgow
    4) Friendship is the hardest thing in the world to explain. It's not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything. – Muhammad Ali
    5) Friends are those rare people who ask how we are and then wait to hear the answer. – Ed Cunningham
    Once again, Happy Friendship Day.

"Fear no one, Hate no one, Wish no one misfortune, More than likely you will have plenty of friends"

An excellent proverb I read somewhere sometime, and I still remember it till today.

Yes, I have a lot of virtual friends both males and females in ISC. I love all my ISC friends. Fortunate is He who has nationwide intelligent friends in India. That is possible only through IndiaStudyChannel.

No life without Sun ¤

A quote on friendship/friends, apt for today's time:-

"Who needs friends? I have the Internet!"-Anonymous

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments