You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Olympics

Get updates of 2016 Rio Olympics here (Exclusive for Olympics-Please note!)

The Olympics is on and we need to be with Team India! Let us support our team by being with them by updating and encouraging the members. Be with this thread to update yourself and also to bring in the latest inputs. Let us remember that the whole show is not just about winning!

Friends,
    Let's share updates about achievements and any general news of the ongoing Olympics here, especially of Team India.

I watched the exciting women's hockey game yesterday where India held Japan to a 2-2 draw after trailing with no goals at half-time.

Just now saw on the Net the news that Dipa Karmakar has created history as the first ever Indian to enter the finals of an Olympic gymnastics event. She entered the finals of the individual vault event of artistic gymnastics after finishing 8th in the final standings.

Way to go girls!

Unfortunately, the women's archery team lost to Russia. Now let's hope for a better performance in the individual archery events.
    Congrats to this young girl (Dipa Karmakar) from Tripura, who has been the first Indian gymnast to qualify for the Olympics. Now, she has reached the final round. Best wishes to her. May God help this extremely determined young girl to bring medal from Olympics for the country.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Karmakar had missed a medal last year at the Gymnastics World Championship by a minuscule margin. This Olympics is also critical for the women wrestlers. three women wrestlers have qualified - Vinesh, Babita and Sakshi Malik. Even one more medal than the previous London Olympics means making progress.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Thanks to Dipa Karmakar that we came to know what is "Produnova" vault. This is the deadliest vault which only five Gymnast all over the world have done it successfully so far, in which Dipa is one among. However, watching Indian doing Gymnastic at Olympic itself a big thrilling experience for sports lovers in India.

Men's Hockey has lost their second match against Germany after some great fight. However, we hopeful that Hockey men's team will make it to the quarter-final.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Today's Olympic Highlights:

WOMEN'S INDIVIDUAL ARCHERY: The 33 year old Bombayla Devi Laishram from India enters the pre-quarterfinal by beating the Chinese Taipei's Lin Shih-chia by six set points to two in 32 rounds of matches. Lin was a silver medalist in last year's archery world championship with 9th place, whereas Laishram was at the 24th. Early morning she had beaten Laurence Baldauff of Austria with a 6-2 scoreline.

MEN'S 50mm PISTOL: Jitu Rai and Prakash Nanjappa were eliminated in 50mm pistol qualification stage of Olympic today. Rai scored 554 with a rank of 12th and Nanjappa scored 547 at 25th rank.

Today's upcoming events:
    1. Women's Hockey Match: 7:30 PM IST
    2. Men's Single Sculls Rowing – Semifinal: 7:50 PM IST

Tomorrow's events:
    1.Mixed Double Tennis: 16:12 AM IST. All the best to Sania Mirza!
    2. Boxing – Men's Light Welterwieght (64KGS): 3AM IST. All the best to Manoj Kumar!
    3. Weightlifting – Men's 77KG: 6:30PM IST. All the best to Sathish Sivalingam!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

India's medal hope in shooting ends with Jitu Rai. There is no possibility of medal now in shooting. In fact, it doesn't seem good for a single bronze medal also this year. Most of the players are not at their peak of the career. Shooting was the biggest hope which has already ended. Let's see what happens next.

Mr. Naresh Kumar Behera,

Sania Mirza and Martina Hingis are not partners in Rio Olympics. They have already separated and will have different partner for mixed doubles. This is a major setback for India in this Olympics.

1.After 36 years India reached quarter finals in hockey in olympics
    2. Atanu das reached in quarter finals(archery)
    3. Vikash P.krishna reached in pre quarter final. In boxing 75 kg category

"It is hardest thing in the world to be good thinker without being a good self examiner"

We know that some of the athletes are out of the game still they reached to Olympic is a big achievement! Let's applaud for them without thinking of Sobha De kind of people and her heartless supporters. Those who do not know to respect our athlete.

The big news is India beat Argentina 2-1 with great playing. The quarter final hope is alive. Let's cheer for those who reach you Olympic after so much hard work and throughout better performance in world wide. Because of that they are there!

Hats off too those athletes who bring even little cheers for us.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

I still have medal hope from archery, hockey, badminton, boxing and wrestling. The wrestlers will appear at later stage (during the last days). Friends, don't get disheartened. Definitely we will get better news in future.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Today's updates:

1. Manoj Kumar defeated Evaldas Petrauskas (of Lithuania) at 2-1 in Men's light welter (64 kgs) category. He'll now face Fazliddin Gaibnazarov of Uzbekistan in next round on Sunday.
    2. India's ace archery Deepika Kumari defeated Kristine Esebua of of Georgia at 6-4 and then world's no. 17 Italy's Guendalina Sartori at 6-2 points in 32 rounds of women's individual archery on Wednesday.
    Congratulations all!!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

In archery, my hope is on Deepika Kumari and extremely experienced Bombayala Devi. But both are now in the same individual event.

Just got the information that Saina Nehwal will be in action today against the Brazilian players today. There are other badminton players also participating like Srikanth Kidambi, PV Sindhu and Jwala Gutta today.

Also, Archers Bombayla Devi and Deepika Kumari will be in action today in the same event today. Let's hope that they do their best without panicking.

Women archers Bombayla Devi and Deepika Kumari crashes out of Rio Olympics. So, another medal hope gone for archery fans. Now only Atanu Das is left in men's archery event. Medal hope in archery is almost over now.

So, the disappointment continues at Olympics this year. If we can't even match previous Olympics tally then there is a serious problem in our sports culture. I don't think there is any medal coming this year. These are the athletes who have won medals at world championships and they fail at Olympics only due to lack of mental strength.

PV Sindhu began her Olympic career by defeating Laura Sarosi of Hungary in straight sets of 21-8 and 21-9. She is currently ranked at No. 10 will going to play against Canada's Michelle Li (20th Rank) on August 14.
    My heartiest congratulations to her and all the best for her upcoming!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Disappointment! Indian Men's Hockey Team has narrowly lost to Netherlands. However, India has reached the Quarter-Final.

Women's Hockey: India lost 3 out of 4 games. Today on Friday, India women's hockey team thrashed from USA at 3-0 points. In this one-sided match USA's Kathleen Bam did 2 goals and 1 goal by Melisa Gonzalez.
    Next match is on Sunday against Argentina. The same day if India wins and Australia beats Japan, there is a chance for quarter final. Hope for the best.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Bravo! The lone Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth beat Lino Munoz of Mexico in Olympic men's singles badminton at 21-11 & 21-17 points. It's Srikanth's first Olympic and on August 14th he will meet Henri Hurskainen of Sweden. If he win then will enter to round 16. All the best Srikanth.

Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna won their first round match in mixed doubles against Australian players John Peer and Samantha Stout at 7-5, 6-4 points. They'll now face Great Britain players Andy Murray and Heather Watson on quarter final who defeated Spain doubles David Ferrer and Carla Suarez Navaro.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

In Women's Badminton (singles) , both Saina Nehwal and P.V. Sindhu have won their respective first matches. While Saina could not play properly against her Brazilian opponent, Sindhu defeated her Hungarian opponent quite easily. It is to be noted that Pulleila Gopichand has been coaching Sindhu this time. In 2012, Gopichand coached Saina, who won the Bronze medal in London Olympics.

I would like to put in a word of thanks and appreciation to all those who are giving updates on the Rio Olympics here. In recent days, my newspaper is being delivered late & once I have finished breakfast and started my day's routine, have neither the time to read the paper nor browse through online news. Moreover, I watch only a few of the events in the evening & miss those which are telecast in the early hours. Hence my main source of news on our contingent's progress is this thread. So keep these updates coming - I am reading them keenly even if nobody else is!
    Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

The day of disappointment for Indian Olympic
    1. Indian women's hockey team beaten by USA at 3-0
    2. Archer Atanu Das lose by chance at very close score against Lee-Sueng-Yun of Korea. The final score was 30-28, 28-30, 27-27, 28-27 and 27-27; a very close fought match for Atanu.
    3. In Badminton doubles pair, Jwala Gupta and Ashwini Ponnappa defeated at a score of 21-16, 16-21 and 21-17 from Dutch pairs Eefje Muskens and Selena Piek.
    4. The Kerala sprinter Jinson Johnson fails to qualify for the semi-final of the men's 800mt. He was the first Indian to qualify for the event since 1980; however finished fifth in the race today.
    5. Punjab shotput thrower Manpreet Kaur fails the cut-off 18.40mts. Her throws was 16.68 m, 17.06 m and 16.76 m in 3 attempts and didn't qualify for the final.
    6. Karnataka discus thrower Vikas Gowda fails the target of 65 metres. The 33yr old Gowda was winner in 2014 Glasgow Commonwealth Games and 2015 Asian Athletes Championship; but failed in Rio with 57.59m, 58.99m ad 58.70m.
    Overall the day was full of disappointment for Indian Olympic.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Good news at early morning!
    1. Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna entered to semi final by defeating Andy Murray and Heather Watson of Great Britain's at 6-4 6-4 points.
    Indian pairs will meet the winners of the quarter final in between US and Italy.
    2. Vikas Krishnan entered to quarter final by defeating Onder Sipal of Turkey at 3-0 points in middle weight (75kg) Olympic boxing championship.
    In quarter final he will meet Uzbekistan boxer Bektemir Melikuziev on Tuesday.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

India lifted its sagging morale when Sania Mirza and Rohan Bopanna cruised into the semifinals of mixed-doubles tennis and boxer Vikas Krishnan advanced to the quarter finals. Indian shooters, archers, shuttlers and track and field athletes suffered reverses at the Rio Olympics.

Well friends, there is some good news from the Indian contingent at Rio. Lalita Babar, the sprinter from Satara, Maharastra has qualified for the finals of the 3000 metre steeplechase race. It is being said that it is after 3 decades that an Indian has qualified for the finals of a track event in the Olympics. While getting qualified for the finals she also broke the National record. The last time an Indian entered the final of an event was PT Usha who eventually missed the bronze by a whisker. Let's now hope that Lalita can better her own record and bring some cheer to the faces of us Indians by winning a medal on Independence Day.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Today's Event for Indian Olympians (As per IST):

Afternoon 3:30 pm: Gulf (Man) Round 4
    SSP Chawrasia and Anirban Lahiri

Evening 5:25 pm: Badminton (Women) Group stage, Group 'G'
    Saina Nehwal Vs Maria Ulitina (Ukraine)

Evening 5:30 pm: Rifle Shooting (Men) 50mt rifle 3 position eligibility test
    Chen Singh and Gagan Narang

Evening 6:00 pm: Athletics (Women) Marathan
    O.P. Jaisa and Kabita Rout

Evening 7:10 pm: Badminton (Men) Gropu Stage, Group 'H'
    Kidambi Srikanth Vs Henri Hurskainen (Sweden)

Evening 7:45 pm: Badminton (Women) Group stage, Group 'M'
    P.V. Sindhu V/s Li Michelle (Canada)

Night 9:45pm: Boxing (Men) Light Welter (64kg) Preliminary
    Manoj Kumar V/s Fazliddin Gaibnazarov (Uzbekistan)

Night 11:17pm: Artistic Gymnastic, Women Vault Final
    Deepa Karmakar

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Just now Saina Nehwal has crashed out of Rio Olympics by losing in the preliminary round. She lost to an Ukrainian opponent who is not even a top ranked player. Hence, another setback for us. If a world class player Saina is not performing then what we can expect from other athletes.

We are hoping for a medal from a young girl Dipa Karmakar who wasn't even given proper support by government. These government officials just take selfies along with successful athletes but don't support when they need financial support.

Yes, it is very disappointing news that Saina lost her match. What I personally feel that Indians needs mental toughness more than anything right now at Rio.

I was watching this live match and left after watching the first set when Saina Lost to Ukrainian 21-18. I myself felt so much under pressure and tension.

Though, She is world level player and should know to handle the pressure but again she was playing in Olympic where getting a medal mean so much for country like us.

I would only say that when a normal person like me feel so much pressure just watching the game, just imagine the mental pressure of a player who are performing at Olympic.

So far every player who got out of the Olympics more because of pressure to win a medal. This is what I feel.

Impartially and logically speaking, Saina has not been in good form during last 1 year. There are many reasons behind this. The Chinese players along with other experienced players in the circuit now read Saina's game very easily. Moreover, she has changed coach. Vimal Kumar is not as capable as Gopichand as a coach. P.V. Sindhu is more promising at this point of time. Let's hope for the best.

Big disappointment! India's inspiring run at the Rio 2016 Olympics was ended by Belgium in the quarter-finals after India lost the match 3-1 on Sunday to crash out of the tournament. Belgium reaches the semi-final of the hockey competition while India heads home.

Deepa got 4th position

Frankly speaking, it was a huge task for Dipa in Gymnastic where world's best and experienced players were performing. However she achieved more than what was expected from her. It was spectacular performance by the US Gymnast which pushed her to 4th place.

Now, getting the medal chances are very slim. Let's hope for the best from other athletes.

First of all Dipa Karmakar did what nobody expected. She competed with top gymnasts and ended with 4th position. She trained for those dangerous vaults without any proper facilities in India which says a lot about her courage. So, three athletes missed bronze medal by a whisker. First was Abhinav Bindra then Sania-Bopanna and now Dipa Karmakar.

This Rio Olympics is turning out to be a mental torture for Indian viewers. Now the biggest questions is- will India win a medal in Rio? The way it looks at the moment it doesn't seem good because most of the top medal prospects are gone now.

China has sent 412 athletes in this Olympics and is sitting pretty well at second position with about 50 medals in their account.

India has sent 120 athletes and still searching for the first medal with only 7 days left. In the previous Olympics in London India sent 83 athletes and they ended with 6 medals. So, all in all it is one of the disastrous performance by any Olympic nation who have send at least 100 athletes. Even a small country like Cuba has sent about 120 athletes and they have won medals too.

So far 64 countries have won at least one medal including countries like the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Malaysia, Indonesia, Singapore, Fiji, Vietnam and Iran.
    The top five countries in medals tally so far have been the USA, Great Britain, China, Russia and Germany.

Is there any hopes for India? Still how many events are there for Indian Olympians? Is it the reason why India give more priority to Cricket than Olympic?
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

The performance of the Indian contingent has indeed been worst this time. Hockey has been out of reconning now.

There are a couple of athletics events coming up this evening. But I do not see much hope therein. India had possibilities in Archery, Badminton, Shooting and Hockey. Will we win at least one medal this time around?

Dipa Karmakar deserves a full round of applause. Gymnastics has not much scope in India. Her finishing up at the fourth position is indeed the best so far from an Indian sportsperson in Rio 2016.

Live....and Let Live...!

Can somebody update me about when the wrestling events are going to begin? India has got both men and women wrestlers in the fray. Also, when is Tintu Lukka's event? She is ace athlete P.T. Usha's protegee & I'm eager to watch her event.
    Regards,
    Vandana

For optimistic fans there is still hope for a medal from wrestling, athletics, boxing and badminton. This time highest number of athletes (36) have qualified for track and field events. Lalita Babar has already qualified for final in 3000m steeplechase and medal will be decided on 15th August. Tintu Lukka will be participating on 17th August.

Wrestling events will start from 15th August and there are total 8 Indian wrestlers in contention in freestyle and Greco roman category. India's Ravinder Khatri will be in action today in Greco roman category and medal will be decided today itself. Indian fans have high hope from Yogeshwar Dutt, Narsingh Pancham Yadav, and Phogat cousins. The good thing about wrestling and boxing is that those who finish fourth also get bronze medal. The problem with 4th position can be solved in these two events.

Badminton has kept hope of winning a medal. Shrrikkant has moved on to quarter finals. Hopefully, he will move ahead.

Me too waiting for the wrestling matches to begin.

Live....and Let Live...!

Bad news for boxing from Rio-2016! Vikas Krishan ousted. Indian boxers sign off without medal.

The good news is both Srikant and P.V. Sindhu, fought out their respective game and storm into quarter finals. Nice to see such fighting and aggressive display from both the shuttlers.

PV Sindhu will take on the great badminton player from China Wang Yihan today. The same is with Kidambi Shrikanth who will also face a great badminton player Lin Dan from China in quarter finals on 17th August. All in all it seems quite ominous for us. Let hope that luck favors our players.

There aren't too many Indian left in the Rio battle!
    Disqualifies:
    Seema Punia fails to qualify for finals in discus throw
    Vikas Krishna Yadav knocked out in qtr final of men's middle 75kg boxing from Bektemir Melikuziev of Uzbekistan at 0-3
    Ravinder Khatri defeated by Hungary's Viktor Lorinccz at 0-9 in 85kg Wresting
    Triple jumper Renjith Maheswary fails to qualify for finals

Qualifies:
    PV Sindhu enters quarter final after beating Tai Tzu-ying of Taipei at 21-13 21-15 points.

Upcoming:
    August 17, 3.25am IST: PV Sindhu V/s Wang Yihan
    August 17, 6pm IST: K Srikanth V/s Lin Dan

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Lin Dan is one of the greatest male badminton players of all times. I don't find much hope for Kidambi Srikanth.

Yes, Lin Dan is world no. 3 against Kidambi and Wang Yihan is world no. 2 against Sindhu. Let us see, pray for Indians!!
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

PV Sindhu defeated China's Wang Yihan, 22-20, 21-19, in Tuesday's quarterfinal match. She will face either Japanese player Akane Yamaguchi or Nozomi Okuhara in the semifinal. Best wishes to her.

#575644, that means we have ensured a medal if I am not wrong. I wish Sindhu all the best! May her enter the final and win the Gold!
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

#575751: No. Sindhu will have to win another match (out of her next two) to ensure a medal. Although I am praying that he wins her next two matches and brings GOLD & GLORY for India.

Sakhi Malik created history for India; first women wrestler to won bronze medal in Rio Olympic in 58kg freestyle. Japan's Kaori Icho won gold defeating the silver medalist Russian Valeria Koplova.
    Congratulations Sakhi!!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

#575757 : Mr. Mohan has raised another thread on Sakshi Malik. He has already posted the news in his thread.

I think entire India is now praying for PV Sindhu for her semi-final match against Nozomi Okuhara of Japan. The match will commence on 7.30 p.m Indian Standard Time.

Another good news for India, a Silver or even a Gold is assured now in Badminton as PV Sindhu has beaten Japanese Okuhara in straight sets 21-19 and 21-10. So let's hope she becomes the first Indian women to get a Gold medal in Olympics.

Wrestler Narsingh Yadav can finally concentrate on his game and not worry about the controversies that have hampered his preparation for the 2016 Rio Olympics. Narsingh, India's selected wrestler in the 74 kg freestyle men's division, has now been cleared to participate in the Rio Olympics after the Court of Arbitration (CAS) rejected the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) appeal against the clean chit given to him by NADA in a dope scandal.

Best wishes to Narsingh Yadav. He will start his campaign today.

Mr. Partha,

Narsingh Yadav is suspended for 4 years by CAS now as he didn't had enough proof to prove that he is a victim of sabotage. Hence, he can't participate in Rio now or even for next 4 years in any tournament. He is surely a victim of politics. It would have been better if Sushil Kumar was sent after Narsingh tested positive for doping. This is a waste of medal and opportunity by the selection committee. There are many great sportsperson like Maria Sharapova who are serving ban due to doping even of they did unintentionally.

Congratulation to Sakshi Malik and PV Sindhu who have created history by winning medals in Rio Olympic 2016. Dipa karmakar and Abhinav Bindra put their best and finished fourth, a great achievements. Wrestler Babita kumari will aslo fetch a medal let us pray and give the moral support to all the athletes whose events are still left. state govt. announces cash awards in the case sakshi malik Rs 2.5 Cr. If our govt expend such amount on training the medal tally scenario could have been different. A small country UK spend Rs 41 Cr on an average on the training of their sportsmen. UK has won more than 56 medals(22+21+13) till now and figuring at no. 2 position. India should take the inspiration from UK.
    'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

Wow, great news that PV Sindhu has made it to the finals of the badminton singles. That's really a great achievement for her and the country too can have some solace that we will be getting a second medal, either Gold or Silver. I am sure the way she has been performing a Gold medal is more likely. Let's hope for the best. Wrestler Sakshi Malik's bronze medal performance is also very commendable. Thanks to her India's medal drought in the current Olympics has come to an end. These two ladies have shown to the country and to the world that it is not the facilities or flying business class that makes a true champion. It is one's own efforts, determination and hardwork that gets you to a podium finish. Dipa Karmakar too has shown to whole world that, facilities or no facilities, its through sheer determination alone one can be among the best in the world. Our poor finish in the medal standing has got more to do with our lack of that die hard winning spirit that makes an ace performer. Otherwise, how come poor African nations with poor facilities for their sportspersons are able to win medals at random in every Olympics? It's not the facilities that fetch the medals, but their indomitable spirit does the trick.
    Patience and perseverance pays

Yes, indeed it was a wonderful day for Team India at Rio. Kudos to the ladies! It is unfortunate that another promising medallist, Babita Kumari, lost her wrestling bout 1-5 to her Greek opponent.

In the meanwhile, just now saw the news that wrestler Narsingh Yadav was evicted from the Olympics & imposed with a 4-year ban by CAS (Court of Arbitration for Sports) which overturned NDA (National Anti-Doping Agency) decision to allow him to compete. It was the The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) which had filed the appeal to CAS.

Regards,
    Vandana

The day has been quite great from Indian point of view. A bronze medal has come and brought India in the medals tally. Another medal is in waiting - a sure silver or gold!

Glad to see that women sports persons are making it to the top. Carrying forward the tradition begun by Karnam Malleshwari, P T Usha and Mary Kom ( to name a few).

Keep it up, girls!

Live....and Let Live...!

Yesterday (18.8.2016) was the day for the women, as India was waiting for a single medal at least and the day came to an end yesterday when Sakshi and Sindhu show the world that India is also capable of winning a medal. I think the whole India got some relief after getting bronze medal from Sakshi and a sure silver medal from Sindhu, yes it is very good to see that our girls of India are showing some respect and importance of the female genders in the country and not only these two but there are many others like Saina nehawal and Sania Mirza etc..
    live happily in every situation of life

Very pleased to see PV Sindhu in the finals of Badminton against Carolin of spain, the NO 1 player.
    As of now, at 2010 hrs today, our dear PV Sindhu has won the first round in her finals with 21 - 18 lead. Hence India has won 1/3 gold medal. We are yet to see the second round which might be in favour. Let us wait and watch. Should we stop at second round to see our golden girl or go for a third round to see the gold or silver?

No life without Sun ¤

Members,
    INDIA got a SILVER in hand through PV SIDHU who lost to Carolin of Spain. Let us hail the Silver now.

No life without Sun ¤

My congratulations to Sakshi & Sindhu for their memorable achievement!

They have given a befitting slap to the custodian of our society, who think that girls are lesser than boys.

Hip-hip hurray for Sakshi & Sindhu!

Are there any more Indian Olympian leading to grasp a gold or silver or bronze? What can we expect from Rio?
    No life without Sun ¤

Can I get updates about our women's relay team & the athletes who participated in the walking events?

Grappler Yogheswar Dutt will be in the wrestling arena tomorrow on the last day of the Olympics (21st August) in the 56kg category. He had grabbed a bronze medal at the 2012 London Olympics. Let's cheer him on to get another medal, hopefully of a silver or golden hue this time round!

Regards,
    Vandana

I liked Sakshi's inspiring quote: "To those who told me I am a girl and couldn't wrestle, I want to say, please show some trust, girls can do everything." Hats off to her!
    Regards,
    Vandana

Yogeshwar Dutt just got eliminated in the first round itself. So, no medals from men in Rio 2016 for India. For India only marathon is left now in which 3 are from our India. We can't expect medal in marathon because it is mostly taken away by Kenyans and Ethiopians. Hence, technically Indian challenge is over now and we have to contend with 2 medals this time.

India finishes with 2 medals (one silver and one bronze) and stands at 64th place this time. India was at 55th place in London Olympics.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.