You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Foreign Affairs

93 die in bomb blast at a hospital in Quetta, Balochistan

Today a bomb blast of very high intensity ripped through scores of mourners in the Quetta civil hospital killing ninety-three people, mainly lawyers, in this year's bloodiest terror attack in Pakistan. Balochistan Health Minister Rahmat Baloch has blamed a suicide bomber for the carnage that took place when a large number of lawyers had gathered at the civil hospital of Quetta with the body of a lawyer who had been earlier shot dead. The hospital superintendent confirmed the toll.

In a ridiculous but predictable allegation, Balochistan Chief Minister Sanaullah Zehri has blamed the Indian intelligence agency RAW for this blast.

Moral: If you keep venomous snake in your backyard to cause harm to your neighbour, it may occasionally bite you also.
    The president of the Balochistan Bar Association had died in a separate shooting incident in the morning and a number of lawyers and some journalists had gathered at the civil hospital in Quetta to accompany the body. At least 63 people, mostly lawyers, were killed and more than 120 injured in a powerful bomb blast. No group had claimed responsibility for the attacks till now. The rumor mill, as usual, is doing the rounds.
    Balochistan has oil and gas resources and is afflicted by a separatist rebellion and violence between Sunni and Shia Muslims.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This is really a sad news as more causalities are reported. Pakistan has been sponsoring terrorism against India and now it failed to gauge the same groups attacking in its own country and killing the innocence. This is one more lesson for Pakistan that nothing is good that peace and it must strive hard to weed out terror out fits from that country, otherwise it will be danger to the Asia and also their own country. Terrorists have been attacking at their will and there seems to be support from the Pakistan political big wigs and also Military establishment. Otherwise they cannot carry such heinous crime in their own country killing so many innocent people without any fault from themselves.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

What to say except to feel pity for the innocent deads in this terror- filled world. This has become a daily breakfast news for us. We can't help. Even God cannot help us. Whatever is happening in this world is according to HIS wish. HE only can put an end to this terrorism.

"Kadavul Manithanaaga Pirakka Vendum, Avan terrorism ennavenru Vunara vendum" ( A Good Tamil song has been re-worded suitably) Means - God should take birth as a human being, and he should face terrorism to feel what is terrorism.

No life without Sun ¤

May the dead rest in peace. I hope no one effected by the bombing is living with extreme pain i.e. by suffering severe injuries. I didn't hear the word Balochistan till now. At first, I didn't get the moral. After knowing that Balochistan is in Pakistan, I get it. They are responsible for a major part of terrorism (venomous snake) in our country (neighbor) and they are effected (bite) by that terrorism. But, isn't there any security in the hospital to stop the suicide bomber?

Sign In to post your comments