You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Uttar Pradesh

Allahabad school management bans National Anthem in school!

M.A. Convent School, Allahabad imposed a ban on singing National Anthem on the coming Independence Day because the management committee members thought the phrase 'Bharat Bhagya Vidhata' against the ethos of their religion. Thanks to the Principal Ritu Tripathi and seven other teachers, the matter came in public domain. The school management committee also intimated that the National Anthem is not being sung in the school for last twelve years.

Due to increasing public protest, the State Govt. has been forced to take action against the management committee of the unrecognised school.

I salute the Principal and teachers of the school for protesting against the unhealthy trend initiated by the seditious school management.

The people of Allahabad should also thank their stars for averting the possibility of enjoying(?) 'Pak sar zamin saad baad' on 14th August, at least for the time being!
    I think instead of Jana Gana Mana... Vande Mataram should be sung as a National Anthem. There are many violent factors against Jana Gana Mana... by Rabindranath Tagore, which I don't want to post here. However, the initiative taken by the school committee is really astonishing and my hats off to them!
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Interesting! It is a shame for people of India those who keep their religion above than the country. Religion is important but not the expense of Country.

Why these kind of incidents are coming out recently when our National Anthem is so old.

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

#574696 : In reply to your question, I would like to say that this is happening because of the following reasons:-
    (a) Vote bank politics of some political leaders. This vote bank politics was started during the referendum for Sylhet in 1947.
    (b) The concept of nation-hood has not been understood by majority of Indians.
    (c) The wrong interpretation of secularism. Instead of separation of state from religion, appeasement of minority religions, is being interpreted as secularism.
    (d) By encouraging division of majority on the basis of caste, which at least urban people don't find relevant anymore.
    (e) The attitude of so-called liberals towards the integrity of the country.
    (f) The world-wide approach of forming 'Ummah'. The so-called 'Mughlistan' project is part of the 'Ummah'.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

How dare the school can ban the National anthem which is must and wide accepted by all sections of the people. Those who cannot sing the song, at least the school can play the instrumental song of the National anthem and that can have the sigh of relief they are expecting by not spelling the particular line. The state and central government must initiate stringent action those schools and other establishments which fails tor recognize the importance of playing National anthem. If certain schools and colleges are having some problems with the content of the National anthem. they can play and listen the instrumental version of the same which can give more feeling of a abiding citizen too.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

#574700: Mr. Mohan, the school administration can dare only with the tacit support of vote-hungry political leaders and parties. These leaders and parties are least bothered about India's integrity.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

The Allahabad District Magistrate Sanjay Kumar has stated that the school is not recognised. The school MA Convent School is located in the densely populated Muslim dominated locality Sadiabad of Allahabad and is running without permission since more than a decade. The school which is till Class VIII has a total of 330 students out of which 200 students are Hindu while the remaining 130 are Muslims. The name of the manager of the school is Mohammad Zia-ul Haq. He has been booked under the Prevention of Insults to National Honour Act and arrested. Orders for sealing the school have been issued, a FIR has been filed by the education department and a magisterial inquiry has been ordered to inquire about as to how the school was running since decades without necessary clearance from authorities. The education department is arranging to shift the 300 students to other schools.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

90% of the political leaders are corrupt. They want votes to win and people's money to spend. But, how the heck did the school spend 12 years without singing national anthem? I mean, this issue is ignored all these years by previous principals, teachers etc,. In addition to this, the school is not recognized. Aren't unrecognized schools against the government rules? Anyways, the principal and the seven teachers must be appreciated for making this public. I hope required measures will be taken.

I still don't know what happened to the patriotic Principal and seven other teachers who protested against the seditious activities of the school management. Now that the school is closed, I demand that the State Government must arrange alternative employment for the patriotic Principal and other teachers.

This is my demand on this Independence Day to the State Government of Uttar Pradesh.

Since the school is closed now being an unrecognised one, the teachers who had resigned as a mark of protest will have to find alternate employment. In the case of the 300 students, it was decided by the district administration that they will be accommodated in the other schools in the surroundings.
    Once the TRP value of the news is over, no update is likely to appear in the national media. Only local newspapers and the local populace is likely to be aware of the day to day account.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

How sad it is that we have to enforce the discipline in some schools for the willfully insult of national anthem. In fact, they are not aware of the inner meaning of the texts contained in it. The tragedy lies in making them understand the real issue and the significance of the song . Such institutions cannot offer right education to the children on roll. They should be definitely transferred to other schools and the present authority should be sacked. This event should be the eye - opener for the remaining schools in the event of any serious lapses occurring on their part. Institutions should respect the emotion of people and country and in that way, they can help in building the charecters of the children, who one day will turn into sensible citizens.

In Islam, religion is placed above everything, be it country, parents, Nature or society. Each and every Karma or statement is checked with the Holy Koran and if anything is creating any doubt then they prefer to go for the simpler way by banning it. Here it is noteworthy that interpretation is done differently by different persons. 'Bharat Bhagya Vidhata' is the objectionable group of words. As per few in Islam, these words are depicting "Bharat" i.e. India as Bhagya Vidhata and according to them, no other living or non-living thing can be Fate/Future decider of mankind other than Allah. This creates confusion, where on the similar ground "Bande Mataram" has been rejected to be recited by Muslims. Now if we consider their logic then a situation may arise where few Muslims may reject any of the anthem citing the holy Koran. That's why, it is the duty of the Islamic scholar to come together and emphatically tell those radicals in Islam that by praising someone we are not demeaning Allah. It is highly commendable, in the manner the school staff opposed such Tughlaki Farmaan and brought this incident in the notice of the society.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.