You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: General

Very famous quotes on ‘Sun’

1. Sun is alone too but it still shines.
    2. If you want to shine like a sun; first burn like a Sun. – APJ A. Kalam
    3. Even on a cloudy day the Sun is shining somewhere.
    4. Wherever you go no matter what the weather; always bring your own sunshine
    5. The Sun is a daily reminder that we too rise again from the darkness, that we too can shine our own light. – S. Ajna
    6. Even after all this time, the Sun never says to the earth, 'you owe me'. Look what happens with a love like that, it likes the whole sky. – Hafiz
    7. Turn your face towards the Sun and the shadows fall behind you.
    8. Truth is like the Sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it isn't going away. – Elvis Presley
    9. The Sun himself is weak when he first rises, and gathers strength and courage as the day gets on – Charles Dickens

A small gift to our old forum star 'Sun'
    Nice quotes, all are very much provoking and the one who understand this, I think he or she might become the best in this country. One of the which I like the most is from Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, He says that if you want to look like exactly to a sun then you have to burn like a sun that I think he means that for achieving things, you must first work hard and then only you will be paid for your hard work, So in a manner you will shine if you work hard to achieve your goal. All quotes nice and who all thought this he or she might the best in his or her zone.
    live happily in every situation of life

'Make hay while the Sun shines'.
    Hay means the grass that has been mown and dried for use as fodder. Hundreds year ago it used to take many days for farmers to cut, dry and gather hay. Nowadays, it is much easier to make hay because of our modern machinery and weather forecasting. However, during the medieval period, the farmers used to take advantage of hot, dry, sunny weather to cut and gather hay which was just a matter of common sense.
    However, nowadays the above idiom is used to mean to take advantage of the chance to do something while conditions are good and favorable.
    The members fond of writing contents can post their responses on this thread..

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

More quotes on 'SUN'
    1. The day will be what you make it, so rise like the sun, and burn- William. C. Hannan
    2. Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise- Victor Hugo
    3. A flower cannot blossom without sunshine and a man cannot live without love- Max Muller
    4. A day without sunshine is like, you know, night- Steve Martin
    5. If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm- Frank Lane
    6. Laughter is a sun beam of the soul- Thomas Mann
    7. Sunlight! The most precious gold found on Earth- Roma Payne
    8. We all want to see Sunshine after Moonlight- Jan Jansen
    9. Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines-Satchel Paige
    10. Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face- Victor Hugo

A few more on that -

1. "When it was dark, you always carried the sun in your hand for me." ? Seán O'Casey

2. If you want to see the sunshine, you have to weather the storm - Frank Lane

3. Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you - Maori Proverb

4. Sunshine all the time makes a desert - Arab Proverb

Live....and Let Live...!

Glad to see many quotes dedicated to the Sun which is the living God of this universe . It can be seen with our naked eyes and feel the heat when it is in peak. While there are very less number of temples dedicated to the Sun God, the temple in Secunderabad is really attractive and many devotees seek favor from this God by doing 108 rounds on every Sunday. If we go early in the morning the sun rays would fall on the Suryanarayana Swamy and that gives greater feeling and satisfaction within ourselves. Most of the devotees are youngsters and that gives me further interest to visit the temples by all. One thing is sure , Sun is the most revered God of this era.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Naresh,
    Nice to see a thread from you on Sun's glories'. Much has been said by the members about the universal Sun'. "No life without Sun" is my forum footer.
    Thank you for your excellent gift. I am not only an old forum star 'Sun', but also a forum superstar forever.

No life without Sun ¤

Excuse me Sun, don't you think you are making a mockery of the ideas of the thread author and the responses posted by the other members by making those irrelevant comments? You have always blamed other members of spoiling your threads. Can you please let us know what exactly you are doing with those unrelated comments?

For your kind information, this thread is not about some mortal sun, but about the Sun as in the SUN. Please stop making a fool of yourself by talking about yourself in almost all of the threads.

By the way, the site works on the principle of points accumulated and anyone can accumulate points by making whatever illogical and irrelevant comments.
    I hope you will grow up from staying so much pre occupied with yourself.

( And I am sure you would come up with some nasty comments which will force me retaliate and the cycle will continue - forcing the closure of this valuable thread. That would conclude your mission of sabotaging another good thread. So go ahead and make those nasty and impractical comments)

Live....and Let Live...!

Religiously, Sun is worshipped as god. Scientifically, Sun is the major souce of our energy. I think both are one and the same. Some more quotes on Sun are as follows. These quotes may not be popular but they are good.
    "If I had to choose a religion, the sun as the universal giver of life would be my god." - Napoléon Bonaparte
    "To love and be loved is to feel the sun from both sides." - David Viscott
    "Too much sun after a Syracuse winter does strange things to your head, makes you feel strong, even if you aren't." - Laurie Halse Anderson
    "When Small men begin to cast big shadows, it means that the sun is about to set." - Lin Yutang
    "Catch sunbeams in a mirror! A reflection of a sunbeam can melt an iceberg." - Lara Biyuts

[Response removed by Admin. Read forum policies.]
    No life without Sun ¤

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.