You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Arunachal Pradesh

Kalikho Pul commited suicide: Another bizarre incident involving Chief Ministers of the state

In a bizarre and mysterious incidence, Kalikho Pul, who was the Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh till July, 2016, committed suicide on 9th August, 2016. He was only 47 years old. It is speculated that he had been suffering from depression since his ouster from the office of Chief Minister in July, 2016.

Incidentally, many people believe that the office of Chief Minister of Arunachal pradesh brings ill-omen. Between April 2011 and August 2016, three of either serving or former Chief Ministers passed away unexpectedly at a relatively young age. On 30 April 2011, then Congress Chief Minister of the state Dorjee Khandu died in a chopper crash near Tsela Pass. He was the father of current Chief Minister Prema Khandu. Dorjee Khandu was 56 years old at the time of his death. Dorjee's successor Jarbom Gamlin too did not live long. Three years later, on 30 November, 2014, Gamlin succumbed to liver thrombosis at Medanta Hospital in Gurgaon at the age of 53. However, at the time of death, Gamlin was ousted from the office by a dissident leader, Nabam Tuki. Now, it was the turn of Kalikho Pul.

Perhaps time will throw more light on the unfortunate incident of suicide of the promising young leader, Kalikho Pul.
    I felt very sad and sorry about hearing the news about a constitutional authority committing suicide in India.
    Kalikho Pul had started his career as a watchman at the Circle Office, Hawai earning Rs.212 as monthly salary. Later, he earned a living by opening a 'paan' shop, making bamboo fences, thatching village houses and building concrete structures. However, he graduated in economics and studied law also.
    In the past also in the 1980s, he had contemplated about committing suicide by jumping in the river Lohit when he had a chronic gastric problem for six years but could not get financial help for the treatment.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

For the first time I am coming across the fact that a ousted CM has committed suicide and that shows his insecure understanding of the life. Some people cannot survive without power and probably Kalikho Pul also one of them.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Astonishing! Today morning this thread was allotted 5 points, tonight 2 points have been deducted. Punitive measure! Great! Enjoying the childishness of ........?
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

If the shared information seems to be matching with the contents appearing elsewhere in the internet, the ISC editors would delete or give less points to the post. This is what I understand from the working style so far.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

#574914: The particular news-item is available in almost all Indian newspapers. The concerned Editor must say which portion of the above thread is matching word by word and he/she should also mention the source from where the thread has been copied, before deducting points.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

#574915 - The actual ground of the reduction/moderation of the marks is not known. The possibility of the contents matching with any other source appears to be only a wild guess or surmise in the response #574914. Perhaps being a plain news report, it was not considered to have enough educational value or originality /creativity.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#574922 : Please note the second para of the thread. How many newspapers have reported this?

May he rest in peace. Kalikho Pul became chief minister in February of this year with the backing of BJP. He left a diary in the room in which he was found hanging and the police are examining it, at least that is what they are saying. I don't think he committed suicide due to depression from losing the chief minister post. He even said to news channels etc,. that he will follow the decision made by Supreme Court.

The news is itself very disturbing in the sense that we have lost a soft spoken an able past chief minister because of committing suicide. This gentle man was a self made man and had faced turbulent times in the past. He was a perfect combination how a rage could turn into a millionaire with his own effort. With much struggle, he graduated with Economics. He had imbibing faith on the people but all his positivity turned into negativity after his debacle on the assembly - floor. Being an oversensitive man , he could not tolerate the defeat which he witnessed. May his soul rest on the peace and May Almighty offer strength to the bereaved family.

Sign In to post your comments