You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

What are the posting limits for different sections of ISC?

In the thread Posting limits in IndiaStudyChannel (updated), there is information about the posting limits in different sections of ISC but some of it needs to be updated. I am filling the information I know and knowledgeable members are requested to mention the remaining information and incorrect information.

1. Schools : 5 per day (24 hrs time frame). However, if 5 posts are in New Submission/Pending status, you cannot post more till those are reviewed.
    2. Colleges : 5 per day (24 hrs time frame). However, if 5 posts are in New Submission/Pending status, you cannot post more till those are reviewed.
    3. Updates :
    4. Photos :
    5. Question Papers : 50 per month (30 days time frame).
    6. Forum Threads : 15 per week (7 days time frame).
    7. Forum Responses : No limits. However, if you posted 2 consecutive responses in one thread, you cannot post more till somebody else posts a response.
    8. Resources : No limits. However, if you are a Bronze/Silver/Gold member and 5 posts are in New Submission/Pending status, you cannot post more till those are reviewed.
    9. Jobs : No limits.
    10. Reviews : No limits.
    11. Ask Experts Questions : 2 per day (24 hrs time frame). However, if 2 posts are in New Submission/Pending status, you cannot post more till those are reviewed.
    12. Ask Experts Answers : No limits. However, if 20 responses are in New submission status, you cannot post more till those are reviewed.
    13. Gifts : 5 per month (30 days time frame).
    14. Closed Sections : Business Directory, Classifieds, Polls, Poll Votes, Bookmarks, Projects, Learn English, Practice Tests, Links, Training Centers, Universities, Courses.
    15. Special Permission Required Sections : Schools, Colleges, My India, Updates for Schools/Colleges/My India.

Note : The sole purpose of raising this thread is to know the posting limits in different sections of ISC.
    The author has not compiled information about the resource responses. I am not aware of any set limit etc. regarding the same. However, the posted contents are reviewed by the editors and points are moderated. Cash credits are also assigned in deserving cases.
    Also, in case of posting questions in the ask expert section, I am able to post 3 questions also, though I have not yet tried posting more than 3 questions at a time.
    Regarding closed sections mentioned by the author, I am not sure if the sections like Universities, Courses etc. are closed and require enlightenment from the editors regarding the subject matter.
    Since the author is already doing some sort of research regarding various sections of ISC, he may collect information about the 'cash credits' aspects of the various sections of ISC also.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

#575095 : For me, the "Restricted Access" page appears after I post 2 questions in Ask Experts. Maybe that number varies for Diamond/Platinum members. And, thank you for mentioning the resource responses section. I think that there are no limits for resource responses. Regarding the Universities and Courses sections, they are closed for all members according to our Managing Editor's 2012 forum thread.

The colleges an schools section is closed for addition of new entries, I suppose. You are allowed to add information updates to the already submitted institutes. Same goes for the sub sections of My India.
    Live....and Let Live...!

Sign In to post your comments