You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Health benefits of carrot

Carrot is one of the cheapest vegetable available in the market. It is available all over India. It can be cooked or can be eaten raw. Some of the benefits of carrot are indicated below:-

1. Carrots contain Vitamin-A. These are excellent for eyes. These help to improve vision.
    2. Carrots have a lot of dietary fibre and thus help in digestion of food.
    3.Carrots are very good for blood sugar regulation and so are good for sugar patients.
    4. Carrots help in maintaining healthy skin. These prevent premature ageing and balance uneven skin tone.
    5. Carrot is beneficial for the teeth. Carrots clean teeth and remove food particles like toothbrush.
    Two weeks ago my brother-in-law (my sister's husband) passed away due to Acute Leukaemia-2 (A type of Blood Cancer). He was suffering with this disease since one month. Due to this, the WBC (while blood cells) counts increased more than 2lakh (the normal WBC should be 7000-10,000) and Haemoglobin reduced. He was little bit well after chemo treatment at SCB Medical, Cuttack. During his treatment my uncle, who's a doctor said, he may go for 4 months treatment, but after 2years the same issue will raise again. It will not cure completely. However, after 4 months of treatment if he will drink 1kg of carrot juice, then the disease can be cured permanently. After hearing that I started eating carrot daily, but unfortunately he expired during his treatment.
    As per my advice, everyone must eat 1/2 carrot daily for blood purification, which is highly necessary and keeps you completely healthy.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Eating carrots is goof for health. From my childhood, my parents tell me to eat carrot as it improves vision. I don't like cooked carrots but I eat raw carrots once in a while. Some more advantages of carrots are:
    1) Eating carrots reduces the risk of getting cancer. Studies showed that eating carrots reduced the risk of cancer by 33%.
    2) Eating carrots cleanses our body. Carrots help in flushing out the toxins out of the body.
    3) Eating carrots reduces the risk of heart diseases. In addition, eating carrots reduces the cholesterol levels in the body by reducing the bile.
    4) Carrots are used by herbalists. Carrots can help in reducing an infection if placed on cuts, wounds etc,.
    5) The persons who eat 5 carrots a week are less likely to suffer from a heart stroke.

One medium carrot provides about 210% of the average daily recommended amount of vitamin A, 10% vitamin K, 6% vitamin C and 2% calcium.
    The high vitamin A content comes from beta-carotene, which is converted into vitamin A by the liver. A deficiency of vitamin A may cause eye's photoreceptors to deteriorate leading to vision problems.
    In general, eating deep orange colored fruits and vegetables particularly carrots is associated with a lower risk of coronary heart diseases.
    Antioxidants present in carrots play an important role in cancer prevention. Intake of carrot juice extract in known to kill leukemia cells and inhibit their progression.
    Carrot extract also helps in protecting the liver from the toxic effects of environmental chemicals and may offer memory improvement and cholesterol lowering effects.
    Though raw carrots are an excellent food but its cooking boosts their nutritional content.
    Carrots should not be stored near apples, pears or potatoes as the ethylene gas they release may turn the carrots bitter.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Sign In to post your comments