You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Requests

Need access to post in school, colleges and in My India

Dear webmaster,
    I want to post photos with contents of schools, colleges and various tourist places of India. Please give access to do.
    Please let me know what the maximum posting limits in these sections are. Actually I've more than 35,000 photos that captured in camera since last five years. So, please give access to post those images which are never uploaded anywhere and the images are good with high resolution. I've the relative content also.
    Thanks!
    Naresh Kumar,

You now have access to the schools & colleges sections. I think you should also be able to post photos in the My India section. Please check and let us know.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Vandana Mam'

I'm unable to add my college name in college section; edit some matters in my school and also creating a city/place in My India section. Please do the needful. Thanks!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Naresh Kumar,

In the My India section you cannot submit new places. No member can do so as the section is closed for new contributions. It is open only for posting updates and photos.

In the case of schools and colleges, you can submit updates - you do have the permission for what is called 'Info Updates'.

In the case of adding your name to the college as being a student - there is a bug which was reported by another member & Tony Sir is trying to fix it. Please give us the college page URL where you tried to add your name & Tony Sir will check it out.

Regards,
    Vandana

I have already tried. I can't put the name of my college as a student. Most probably this is because I was an not-worth-mentioning student of one of the best colleges (as per recent ranking) of India.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

This is my school name: JNV Surangi
    Many information here are wrong which I need to updated there are: School website, Name of Principal, Email id, Management, etc.
    When I tried on 'Info Updates', getting restriction access message.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

In addition, please remove the wrong information and comments posted in year 2011 by other authors here: http://www.indiastudychannel.com/schools/55279-Jawahar-Navodaya-Vidyalaya-Surangi-School.aspx. It is completely misguiding the readers who seeks information about the school.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Naresh,

The information posted on that page was not wrong at the time of posting which was some five years ago since it was reviewed by the editors at that time and approved.

The information posted on that page may be outdated as of now. You may post the latest information as an update on that page which will be duly reviewed by the editors & approved if found correct. You will be suitably awarded CCs for that.

Naresh Kumar,

You do have access to providing updates. Go to the bottom of the school page and submit the correct information in the box provided under the heading 'Submit your comments'. Let me know if you are unable to do so still.

Regards,
    Vandana

I got it Vandana Mam'

Actually I've tried to update here (please refer the attachment).
    Thanks!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Delete Attachment

Yes Naresh Kumar, I understood you were trying from that link and that is why I gave the instructions to put the update in the box at the bottom of the page. That link you tried is mainly for visitors to the site who are not members - they will click on it and can then post updated info as a guest.
    Regards,
    Vandana

I second the comments offered Gypsy(#574976). As a matter of fact only recently I posted updates about the college in which I had studied long back. There had been many changes including in the name of the college which had since been upgraded as a postgraduate college resulting in the insertion of the words 'P.G.' in its name. Many new courses had been added in the meantime, a website of the college had been developed and online application system had been introduced.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Thanks Vandana Mam',
    I've uploaded some images and also some information of districts.
    However, can you please tell me how can I add a new college which is not listed in ISC. It is 8 yr old management and technical college at A.P. I've some related articles also to that college also. Please let me know the process to do so.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

The issue is fixed now. You can add yourself to the college now.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thanks Tony Sir and Vandana Ma'am. I'm now permissible to post in college section; however unable to add the courses there. Please look after this.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Naresh Kumar,

The permission to add courses has been added now. Note that if you are adding a course to a college which is already posted, please first check if the course was added earlier by another member to avoid duplication.

Regards,
    Vandana

Thanks again the Webmaster and Managing Editor! Now my profile is updated with my college information and I added the courses there too.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

Naresh - I studied in the main campus of the Lucknow University instead of in any of its affiliated college. How to add university name on the profile page without any college name?

Kailash Sir,
    There are 153 colleges under University of Lucknow; however in ISC there are 100 colleges. Here is the link to search: http://www.indiastudychannel.com/colleges/index.aspx?UniversityId=73

What actually the name of your college under University of Lucknow? There is no name found as Lucknow University. Is there any other name before it became autonomous? Let us know.

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar

I have already studied the data available in the ISC system and as a matter of fact recently have updated some data also. The problem is that many students study within the university itself i.e. in various departments of the university e.g. I have completed M.Sc. in the year 1975 from the department of chemistry of the Lucknow University. There are many affiliated colleges but they are situated outside the main university and I have not studied M.Sc. in any one of them. As a matter of fact, during those days post graduation courses of Lucknow university were available only in the main campus.

Sign In to post your comments