You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Suggestions

Suggestion regarding article writing.

I am writing an article based on music songs. Now, the confusion is, if I post a full song even if it is from my own memory, the Google will find it "copied content". The reason, same song might have been posted somewhere in the internet. In this case, how can I post song related article. My content require the songs to be posted without that my article will look incomplete.

So I request to our admin that please guide me. How could I write on such topic?
    Jeets,

I think it is Ok to put a song, mentioning the name of the original song writer and if it is from a film, then mentioning that too. I will confirm this with Tony Sir though.

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Thank you ME, I will wait for the confirmation.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Sorry for intervening before our WM's response. So far to my knowledge, there is no issue with Google Ad Sense, in posting the lyrics of songs. However, to make it appear as a self written one, you can change the spellings for e.g in this song ai mere watan ke logon, zara ankh me bharlo pani, you may write it as ae mere vatanke logo, jara ankh mein bhar lo paani. This is just a suggestion and there is no compulsion to follow it.

Moreover, you can even write the meaning of each stanza at the end to make it appear original. And add an introductory note about the song like in which Raag it is composed, who composed it, what is the Taal etc.

-----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani
    Lead Editor (Articles)

Thank you LE Kalyani for you valuable suggestions, it will sure help me in longer run.
    "Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

I wish to share my experience of quoting songs in the forum section. Most of the Bollywood songs are available in Roman script also in the internet resources. However, either they are system transliterated or otherwise, the spellings used in them often requires moderation. As shared by the Lead Editor Kalyani in her response #574987, the spellings require moderation. Often one 'a' of an 'aa' combination can be dispensed with.
    However, the meanings of the songs given in the English language is not generally up to mark in most of the cases. I often require to translate them afresh using some Urdu words also in case so required.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

If the article is going to be incomplete without the song, just include the lyrics as it is. Don't try to cheat/trick by changing spelling etc. Give proper credits to whoever deserve. As long as the lyrics is included to support the article and the lyrics is not the primary content of the article, you are good to go.
    regards,
    Tony John
    Webmaster - IndiaStudyChannel.com

Learning is a never ending process, the more you learn the more will be there to learn. Thanks to Tony sir for the valuable suggestion. Now I came to know about this. Sorry Jeets for giving you wrong guidance.
    -----------------
    Thanks & Regards
    Kalyani
    Lead Editor (Articles)

Thank you Tony Sir, ME and LE Kalyani for taking your valuable time for us and guiding proper way. There is nothing to feel sorry. I would do as suggested by the Webmaster. Thanks a lot for clearing out my confusion.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.