You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Krishna Pushkarams begin- CM's of Telangana and AP had first holy dip in the river.

Exactly at 5.58 am when the sun started rising in the east, the Krishna river banks in Telangana and AP were agog with full festive activities as the world famed Krishna Pushkarams has began with a holy dip initiated by KCR at Mahubnagar and Naidu at Vijayawada. Before taking dip, the two Chief Ministers performed special pooja to Goddess Krishnamma and offered Managala Harathi. At least five crore people from both the states are going to take holy dip in 97 ghats specially created for this season. If you have time, have a dip in river Krishna. Let the sins be washed away.
    Chief Minister N Chandrababu Naidu along with his spouse Bhuvaneshwari formally inaugurated the Krishna Pushkaralua by taking a holy dip at Durga ghat in Vijayawada. The couple offered silk saree, turmeric and vermillion to the river.

During Godavari Pushakaralu, tragic stampede incidents had happened. Therefore the authorities are more alert and trying to focus on crowd control at the bathing ghats. Special CCTV cameras have been installed on the roads leading up to the bathing ghats. The Governments of both the Telangana and Andhra Pradesh states are laying importance on cleanliness at all Pushkar ghats to prevent any unfortunate outbreak of any diseases.

Let us pray to the God that nothing untoward happens and the festival passes peacefully.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This is one of the most sacred 'Snans' (holy dips) of the country. Let us hope that devotees can take holy dips and perform pooja without hindrances on this holy occasion.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

During Godavari Pushkaralu, some people died as a result of stampedes. Let us hope such incidents won't happen this time. Anyways, the Pushkara Ghats are constructed with utmost care in order to prevent such incidents. I am currently living in Guntur which is near to the places with Krishna river banks. My family decided to do the Pushkar Snan in one of the coming three days.

This time the authorities managed one way traffic towards the ghat and the pedestrians also go in systematic manner as they need not rush to the ghats in urgency.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Sign In to post your comments