You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Do you know that Chidambaram Natarajar temple also celebrates Independence day ?

Either too we have been thinking that the National festival of Independence day and Republic day are subject to political parties celebrations and others wont observe in large scale. But at famous Chidambaram Natarajar swamy temple every year the Independence day is celebrated with difference. On that day early morning the Indian tri color flag is kept for puja rituals at the feet of the God and then taken to the eastern side of the temple with Mela thalam or drum beats and thus the flag is hoisted with much fervor and National devotion. I think such rituals are not done anywhere in the temples across the country.

This entry may not be creative writing but a creative information for all the members connecting to Tow topic.
    Nice to know about the system in an Indian temple celebrating Independence Day with all the rituals. I think most of the people don't know about this. Thanks Mohanji for knowing about this.
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

There is even a Bharat Mata temple within the premises of the Mahatma Gandhi Kashi Vidyapith campus in Varanasi, India. The temple has a huge map of undivided India carved in marble. It was constructed in the year 1936 and was inaugurated by Mahatma Gandhi. The temple is constructed of stone and has a statue of Bharat Mata built of marble.

There is a Bharat Mata temple at Haridwar also which was inaugurated by Indira Gandhi in 1983. It has 8 storeys and the floors are dedicated to mythological legends, religious deities, freedom fighters and leaders.

The Indian Army uses the motto 'Bharat Mata ki Jai' (Victory for Mother India).

However, the author has shared a very important information. During the prolonged Indian freedom struggle also, many temples had played an important role. Abanindranath Tagore had portrayed Bharat Mata as a four-armed deity.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Last summer, I went to Chidambaram Natarajar Swamy temple. I came to know that every Puja etc,. is done exactly according to the Vedas. Now, another such news about that temple. Mr. Mohan shared information which is not even present in the Wikipedia page of the temple.

This year on Independence day I am at my hometown. But after seeing your entry, I would love to go to Chidambaram temple to watch the celebrations next year. Than you for this information.

Also today on the auspicious occasion please share your special thoughts in my thread, "Happy Independence Day!!

Thanks to Mr. Mohan for this totally new information. I have visited this very famous, ancient temple but didn't know that Independence Day is also celebrated in this temple.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments