You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Free Heart Treatment in India

Which hospital in India provide free heart treatment? Does such hospital provide good treatment?
    On the website of Sri Sathya Sai Heart Hospital, Rajkot, Gujarat, it is mentioned that the hospital serves the poor people and provide them with the best treatment related to heart problems, free of cost.
    The criteria for getting operated at Rajkot Hospital are -
    1. The patient's age should be between 2 to 60 years.
    2. In the case of a child or infant the minimum weight should be 10 Kg and in the case of an adult, it should be minimum 55 Kg.
    3. The patient should be a holder of BPL card issued by the State Government and the family income should be less than Rs. 15000 per month.
    4. The patient should have a heart problem related preliminary medical report from a Cardiac consultant.

Both the patient and the companion get free accommodation and vegetarian food. Though the medicine is provided by the hospital but the patients have to arrange blood from the local blood bank.

The expenses are met from the donations received from various donors from India as well as abroad.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

One of my relative told me that the Satya Sai Institute at Puttaparthy the abode of Sri Satya Sai baba provides for free heart treatment and the concerned patient can approach the same for further details. It may be noted that Sathya Sai Institute of Higher Medical Sciences, which opened on 22 November 1991, which is located in Prasanthi Gram ,about 9 kilometers from the Ashram and Puttaparthy, close to the Sri Sathya Sai Airport. It provides heart, kidney, and eye surgery. The hospital is entirely free: nothing is charged for operations, doctors, nurses, room, or boarding. Here is the address :

Prasanthi Nilayam
    Anantapur Dist.
    Andhra Pradesh -515 134
    India
    Tel: 91-8555-87388
    Fax: 91-8555-8754

K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

As said by Mr. Mohan in the above response, Satya Sai Institute of Medical Sciences at Puttaparthy, A.P. is the best place to get free and clean, quality treatment. But large number of people register their names for this type of treatment. When the patient is young and the surgery need is immediate in such cases preference for treatment is given against the order of their registration.
    In our city a very famous ultra modern Government General Hospital is there in Guntur, A.P. where all kinds of surgeries including heart surgery is free. In this hospital a world famous heart surgeon will do the open heart surgeries. Even though the treatment is free but the quality of atmosphere in the hospital may not be like in corporate hospitals.

Sri Satya Sai Heart Hospital in Rajkot of Gujarat provides free heart treatment primarily to the patients who cannot afford such treatments. This hospital is equipped with state of the art equipment. Anyone can contribute to this hospital and even know how their contribution is used. For contributions of Rs. 50,000 or above, the contributor will be given a Patient Adoption Certificate with the details of the patient who is operated with that person's contribution. The treatments provided in this hospital are ASD (Arterial Septal Defect), CABG (Coronary Artery Bypass Graft), CMV / OMV (Closed Mitral Valvotomy / Open Mitral Valvotomy), MVR (Mitral Valve Replacement), PDA (Patent Ductus Arteriosus) and VSD (Ventrical Septal Defect). In addition, I heard that the hospital environment is maintained very clean.

Sign In to post your comments