You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Members, Happy Independence Day. Post your greeting messages here!

As India celebrates her 70th Independence Day, here is a platform to share the joy and pride and also to express ourselves.

Jai Hind.
    Dear ISCians,
    Wish you all a very Happy Independence Day! Let us rejoice and celebrate this Independence Day today and everyday.
    Jai Hind.

I Day greetings
    On this Independence day every Indian takes pride to celebrate this historic day of our Nation and we are duty bound to pay respects to all those who were Instrumental in securing total Independence from the clutches of British Raj then. On this occasion I send my greetings to all the citizens of India and also the Indians living in other country a very happy Independence day. May all our pending wishes with this government get fulfilled and may some good sense prevail with the rules to govern this country with utmost care and devotion and earn the respect of every citizen.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

My heartiest congratulations to all fellow Indians across the world on the occasion of our Independence Day.

The sepoy mutiny in Meerut started the struggle for India's Independence in the year 1857 which finally culminated in our independence on 15.08.1947 largely due to the impact of nonviolent resistance and civil disobedience led by Mahatma Gandhi and the Indian National Congress.

The prime minister hoists the Indian flag on the ramparts of the historical site Red Fort in Delhi on the independence Day and delivers a speech highlighting the past year's achievements, talk about important issues and calls for further development.

Presently I am listening, the speech of Prime Minister Narendra Modi who is talking about the impact of technology on the development made by our country.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

My wishes to all my ISC friends and Indians on the event of 70th India's Independence Day!
    Today morning I planted a tree on the occasion of India's Freedom from British government.
    Thanks all of my respected freedom fighters who hoisted Triranga by giving their blood in the fight.
    Jai Hind!

Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

This is my first independence day on IndiaStudyChannel, I have to say that I am really enjoying in this site a lot because now I don't have to go anywhere to correct my English or to study about current affairs. I am not praising just because I am a member of this site, because we all know that it truly a great marvellous idea, whoever is created this site.
    Happy Independence day to all the member of ISC and the people of my motherland India. Let enjoy the moment of the present and dissolve in the song of our nation. I wish and pray that we all will remain Independent forever and no other country can intend to rule on us.

live happily in every situation of life

East or West, India is the Best!

Today we are celebrating our country's 70th Independence Day. Let's remember all those greatest souls who gave thier life, sacrifice and created free India. Let's salute to those who are in present, living their life to save our country's border.

No matter which political party rules at Delhi. I am and will be always proud of being an Indian.

"Happy Independence Day"

"Jai Hind"

"Any man who stands for progress has to criticize, disbelieve and challenge every item of the old faith." - Sardar Bhagat Singh

Happy Independence Day to all for 15th August!

Sharing some mithai with you which my aunt gave (see attachment in the next response) - it is in the colours of our flag. Note: it is not sugar-free though!

Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Tiranga barfi attached.
    Regards,
    Vandana
    Managing Editor, IndiaStudyChannel.com

Delete Attachment

Happy Independence day to every ISCian. Loved the mithai which Vandana showed us. I wish we had some procedure where the ISCians could gather at a popular place together and meet in person and share such mithais in person.
    I would also like all of you to share your thoughts in my thread Happy Independence Day!!

Wish you all a happy and prosperous Independence day to all our ISC members and all our fellow Indians here in India and abroad.
    Follow the link to have a vedio view of India on Independence day August 15th 1947:-
    India on Independence day August 15th 1947

I have only one simple wish: "Bharat abar jagat sabhai shreshtho ason lobe" (India will become the best in this world). Let us all work togetherto enable this great nation to achieve its rightful place in the world.
    JAI HIND! BANDE MATARAM

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I convey my best wishes to all North Koreans and South Koreans on their Independence Day.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Happy Independence Day to all the Indians and special greetings to all the members of ISC. I hope that we celebrate Independence Day as the citizens of a developed and corruption free India in the coming years.

I waited till the date changes to 15th August in ISC before posting this response. And, I reached the 5,000 points milestone with this response. Double Celebrations!

The following five countries of the world celebrate their respective national independence day on 15 August -
    1. Republic of Congo - received full independence from France on August 15, 1960.
    2. Bahrain - declared its independence from the British on August 15, 1971.
    3. Liechtenstein - celebrated as the national day.
    4. India - got independence from the British rule on August 15, 1947.
    5. Korea - liberation from 35 years of Japanese colonization on August 15, 1945

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.