You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Highlights of Prime Minister Narendra Modi's Independence Day speech, 2016

Today on the occasion of India's of 70th Independence Day, Narendra Modi hoisted the national flag at the ramparts of Red Fort for the third time as the Prime Minister of India.

Some of the highlights of his speech are as follows -

1. The Government will bear Rs 1 lakh medical costs for poor families.
    2. An increase of 20 per cent in the pension of freedom fighters.
    3. Reform, perform, transform.
    4. India's age is not 70 years, but the journey post-colonial rule for a better India is 70.
    5. A call to convert this 'Swaraj' (independence) into 'Surajya' (good governance).

What it means to us?
    Mr. Narendra Modi gave a very good and long speech today. Some more highlights of his speech are as follows.
    1) It is true that India faces a lot of problems, but we have the capacity to find solutions to them.
    2) We want to change the situation where people are scared of income tax authorities, particularly the middle class people.
    3) Out of about 18,000 villages, more than 10,000 villages have been electrified and I have been told they are with us, watching this celebration of Independence Day.
    4) Let's fight poverty, by fighting our own people we will destroy ourselves, only by fighting poverty together will we prosper.
    5) When we speak of freedom fighters, a few are mentioned far more than the others. Our Adivasi brothers fought valiantly largely unsung, many have heard of Birsa Munda but few others. In the next few days, it is our intention to record the history of such Adivasi freedom fighters in the areas of their origin on a museum.
    Happy Independence Day. Jai Hind!

The PM has talked about the greetings of people of Balochistan and people of Gilgit-Baltistan in his speech. India is now supporting the aspirations of people of these two places, and so, they have expressed their gratitude. On Pakistan's Independence Day, Baloch nationalists hoisted the flag of independent Balochistan on the top of a prominent hospital at Karachi. Balochis observed Pakistani Independence Day as 'Black Day'. They celebrated 12th August as the Independence Day of Balochistan. 14th August witnessed major protests both at Balochistan and Gilgit. In this month itself, people of PoK witnessed violent protest against rigged election.

Pakistanis must remember the last year warning of Mr. Ajit Doval, the NSA. He clearly state that if Pakistanis foment trouble in J&K, they will have to leave Balochistan and Gilgit-Baltistan.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

For the first time every citizen in India has been receiving message from the PMO Office with the link to the youtube through which we can hear the full length of his speech from the ramparts of Red fort. Giving medical benefit to the poor is the need of the hour as the cost escalation in every hospital is increasing day by day and the middle class cannot afford high end health solutions. What I suggest that instead of bearing one lakh medical cost of the poor, the government should modernize every public hospital and provide treatments on par with the private hospitals and that would be great help.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The message we are getting from PM Modiji is clear that his govt is committed to help the poor in living a meaningful life. heath insurance, crop insurance, accident insurance PM jeevan Jyoti and Jeevan suraksha Yojana
    are some examples. PM has increased the image of India at world forum. his govt is committed to make strong defense system to counter china and Pakistan simultaneously at two fronts. Modi ji wants POK to be recaptured and
    annex to India.

'Education is a lifelong process, keep on learning new things'

Sign In to post your comments