Eight promises Narendra Modi made on August 15 2015. See the results1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: 17crore people opened their bank accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
Result: More than 228 million bank accounts opened; 24% have no money
2. Swacch Vidyalaya Abhiyan: 100% separate toilets for boys and girls in all schools.
Result: Still no toilets in Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, J&K, Telangana and other regions of India
3. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: 10.4 million have given LPG subsidy personally and 1.76 million get free gas connection
4. LPG Subsidy saving 10% of claim made by govt: Oil minister Dharmendra claimed the amount was more than Rs. 21,000.
Result: As per government auditor's report it was less than Rs. 2,000/-
5. Electricity to villages: Govt says 98.1% villages are electrified. It means out of 597,464 villages 587,569 were electrified; which means only 9,895 villages don't have electricity.
Result: It doesn't mean that every house has electrified, when electricity passes through a village.
6. Social security programs: Prime Minister's Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana and Prime Minister's Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
Result: 2.7 million in APy, 94.5 million in PMSBY and 29.7 million people withPMJJBY
7. Rural India: Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchaai Yojana
Result: The budget my finance minister Arun Jetley created a long term irrigation fund through NABARD with an initial corpus of Rs. 20,000 crore.
8. One Rank One Pension for service Personnel
Result: Modi approved OROP, until March 2016 Rs. 2,861 crore spent over 1.6 million pensioners.