You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: India

Eight promises Narendra Modi made on August 15 2015. See the results

1. Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana: 17crore people opened their bank accounts under Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana.
    Result: More than 228 million bank accounts opened; 24% have no money

2. Swacch Vidyalaya Abhiyan: 100% separate toilets for boys and girls in all schools.
    Result: Still no toilets in Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, J&K, Telangana and other regions of India

3. Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana: 10.4 million have given LPG subsidy personally and 1.76 million get free gas connection

4. LPG Subsidy saving 10% of claim made by govt: Oil minister Dharmendra claimed the amount was more than Rs. 21,000.
    Result: As per government auditor's report it was less than Rs. 2,000/-

5. Electricity to villages: Govt says 98.1% villages are electrified. It means out of 597,464 villages 587,569 were electrified; which means only 9,895 villages don't have electricity.
    Result: It doesn't mean that every house has electrified, when electricity passes through a village.

6. Social security programs: Prime Minister's Suraksha Bima Yojana (PMSBY), Atal Pension Yojana and Prime Minister's Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana.
    Result: 2.7 million in APy, 94.5 million in PMSBY and 29.7 million people withPMJJBY

7. Rural India: Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchaai Yojana
    Result: The budget my finance minister Arun Jetley created a long term irrigation fund through NABARD with an initial corpus of Rs. 20,000 crore.

8. One Rank One Pension for service Personnel
    Result: Modi approved OROP, until March 2016 Rs. 2,861 crore spent over 1.6 million pensioners.
    The author has painstakingly compiled useful data. My point is that even if the 100% of set targets are not achieved, it is much better than being 0 or not initiated at all. The development of a country is a very complex process and depends on so many factors, many beyond the control of any Government.

It is said that the work begun is half done. Kudos to the Modi Government for thinking in an out of box manner.

However, the main feather in their cap is that no scam or scandal has so far emerged as was the case during the previous Governments.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Well promising and doing always a pain staking job and for that we have to give ample time. Remember the previous UPA government and Congress governments in the past never reached to the aspirations of the people and voter and we had no other alternative and hence we are forced to elect Congress again and again. And now the country is surely divided with Pro Congress on one side and Pro BJP on the other side. The way the BJP is getting state by state to its fold testifies that people are keeping faith on Modi and surely he will fulfill all the promises made on 2015 and still three years time is there too.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Okey sir all your statistical information are good but at the same time, while appreciating or commenting or expecting from the Prime Minister or Chief Minister etc., would any citizen think about their duty or responsibility? Bank account opening introduced by PM is facilitating only. Requesting have gas connection in houses of villages is also a measure of providing facility but the willingness of people should be there. Toilet arrangements PM's suggestion is to have cleanliness it is also offer but who should follow this? Where the younger generations are gone and why donot let them take steps to implement the PM's proposals?

Mr. Swami Vivekanda always advice people to eat fresh, even he said to the people who are eating out side food should request or order the vendor to keep all prepared food in a glass container or glass covered ( to avoid dust, dirt etc) if the vendor is not following your order then avoid eating out side food.
    How many of following this?
    Similarly whether the Ruling Government keeping their promises or not, we will still giving vote them. It might cause to support any particular party, might be taking bribe ,etc.
    The main promise of NDA was to bring all black money with in six month, but even after 2 year there is no single money returned back, and the best part they do is they gave sufficient time to all black money holders to withdraw their money, so friends Before forming Government they were saying a lot of money but after forming Government declare only 10% of money and the good news is there is no more black money left in swiss account.

First of all, the author must be appreciated for making a deep analysis on the subject. Many are claimed but almost none are done by the previous governments. It took some years for people to understand that congress is doing almost nothing. Once people realized what is happening, they kicked congress out. Modi government may not be doing everything promised but it is at least doing something. Consider three students who failed in an exam with 10%, 20% and 30% marks. The student who scored 30% is the topper even if he/she failed. The same is the case now.

For any objective assessment of the present Government, we need to compare its performance with immediate predecessor. If we do that, we would immediately understand the difference. The present Government under Mr. Narendra Modi has energised the whole nation except his detractors. It is also known to people that in India, the development target can't be fulfilled. Even if the Government fulfills 60% of its own target and strives to do better, it would ensure the victory in the next election. As for example, after the GST bill is finally passed, that would be considered the biggest economic reforms since 1991. I hope this would be ultimately done in another 2 years or so.
    As far as the present thread is concerned, I thank the author for impartially evaluate the promises and accomplishments of the Government during last one year.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments