You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Did you stand erect and salute our tricolour and sing national anthem?

Jai Hind.
    Members,
    I do not know how many ISCians presented themselves physically in a flag hoisting ceremony in their work places, schools or colleges, today being 70th Independence day. I am sure, most of us must have watched the Independence day events on Television. We must have watched our PM Narendra Modi hoisting our tricolour and giving a speech from the rampart of Red fort. in Delhi, and their own state capitals where the CM of the states unfurl the tricolour with the bands playing the national anthem.
    Members, what did you do? Did you simply sit and watch the entire programme?. What did you do when the tri-colour was unfurled by the VVIP and the full national anthem was played for 52 seconds.

Did you feel that it was your duty to raise, stand erect in front of the Television and salute to our tri-colour and sing our national anthem? What was your reaction when the national anthem was heard from your TV?

Frankly speaking. I raised from my Sofa, stood erect and saluted while the national anthem was played.
    Jai Hind.
    The Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India has issued well-defined orders/instructions regarding code of conduct to be adhered to when the National Anthem of India is played for general information and guidance of all concerned.

It is provided that whenever the Anthem is sung or played, the audience shall stand to attention. However, there is one exception. It is provided that - 'when in the course of a newsreel or documentary the Anthem is played as a part of the film, it is not expected of the audience to stand as standing is bound to interrupt the exhibition of the film and would create disorder and confusion rather than add to the dignity of the Anthem'.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr. Kailash,
    We are well aware of the code of conduct. My question is - Did you, as a responsible citizen of India, raise, salute and sing our national anthem on this independence day while watching the event on your Television. Or did you attend any flag hoisting ceremony in your area as a VIP or spectator?

No life without Sun ¤

I listened to most of the lecture delivered by the Prime Minister though could not watch the flag hoisting ceremony as I was doing my yoga in the other room during that period.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

In earlier days, when we were children all cinema halls played National Anthem by showing flying our Indian tricolor flag in the screen at the end of every show and people stood from their seats and stood still till the end of National Anthem. We were also stood like this. During our School period also at the Prayer time they played National Anthem and we stood stand erect. But later we are, I believe forget the National Anthem and its importance.

For the first time I missed the flag hoisting festivals being conducted at our colony and also missed the Red fort speech by the Prime Minister as I and my son were busy with Sudharshana Maha yagnam at a temple with 25 priests and big gathering which lasted for 7 hours.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Well, I missed the flag hoisting by the PM today as I was in the bathroom. But I happen to stand erect whenever the National Anthem is on air.

But I did attend the flag hoisting by the local MLA in my city and sat through the other programmes till the end. It has always been my regular practice on both Republic and Independence day. I do attend the official function and the celebrations thereafter at the Kranti maidan in my city. I watch the PMs address and the parade ( on Republic day) later as it is telecast agin in the afternoon.

Live....and Let Live...!

Jai Hind.
    Timmappa,
    I agree that you might have missed to see the PM 's flag hoisting ceremony at the rampart of Redfort. But cannot agree with your statement I watch the PMs address and the parade ( on Republic day) later as it is telecast again in the afternoon.

For your kind information PM doesn't address the nation on Republic day parade. Republic day is purely for the Indian President while Independence day is purely for the Indian Prime Minister.
    Jai Hind.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

PMs address on Independence day and the parade on republic day. That is why I had put the words "on republic day "in the paranthesis. But still it created confusion?

Live....and Let Live...!

Jai Hind.
    Timmappa, Please make it clear in your response. Add the words 'Independence day' in brackets after PM's address to avoid confusion to the readers.
    Jai Hind.

No life without Sun ¤

I stand erect whenever National Anthem is played. I also try to follow the Flag Code to the best of my ability. My posture may not be as perfect as the serving Armed forces personnel, but there is no dearth of my respect to the National Anthem and the National Flag.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

I went to my school where I used to spent my whole day, I went there and saw our school principal who hosted the national flag, I and all of my school friends and other students stand erect and sung the national anthem in front of our national, it was so proud moment for every citizen of India to see his national flag hosted, it gives me a feeling of patriotism. Yes. we all the students saluted to our national flag and enjoyed every moment of freedom which this nation has given us. And at the last our principal distributed chocolate to the children and after seeing all this I came home.
    live happily in every situation of life

Unfortunately, I missed the flag hoisting ceremony. But, I heard the national anthem, stood erect and saluted to the flag hoisted in a school near my home. Happy Independence Day. Jai Hind!

Sign In to post your comments