You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: IndiaStudyChannel.com

Why no ISC awards on this great day of India?

Jai Hind.
    Dear ISC Admin,
    Why there is no announcement of special awards or rewards to ISC members? While the Central and state governments have awarded many prestigious awards to its countrymen, why not ISC thought of announcing few awards to the deserving members of ISC. What could be the reason? Are there no deserving members to receive any award? Is ISC running shortage of funds to award?

I am sure, I will not be considered for any award as indicated by our ME in one of her thread responses. Also, I am not worried and I do not anticipate any award from ISC. But what about my other fellow ISCian who really deserve awards from ISC?

Members, Are you expecting any such announcement from ISC?
    Jai Hind.
    While I do appreciate the author for suggesting awards on the eve of Independence day where in every government is honoring the services of their best employees. Like wise ISC could have honored. But what I feel that a award and reward should not be sought for. It must come automatically and there should not pressurized for that. ISC think tank may know about it. Only recently some awards were announced during the ISC foundation day and again expecting awards may be too much expectations from the members side. If not award, some citations or appreciation letters can be issued on this august occasion.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

What I suggest is - ISC should choose and distribute its awards on different days. Every important day should not be left without any award. The important festival days should be reserved to announce some award. Even a single award would please the ISCian. I sincerely recommend the following 3 good days for ISC awards.

1. ISC foundation day (Best ISCian)- 1st July
    2. Republic day (ISC Badges)- 26th January
    3. Independence day ( Special Awards)-15th August

No life without Sun ¤

Now the author came up with clear cut suggestions which can be considered and even implemented so that we the members will also have expectations on that day.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

ISC itself is a great award/prize/reward. The members are getting awarded daily by being able to post their thoughts and ideas free of cost. What else can be a better award for an individual who truly loves writing and interaction with like minded people?

The issue raised by the author has been discussed time and again in the forum section. As a matter of fact, initially, I was also a staunch supporter of the concept of distribution of badges etc. on certain special occasion. But in due course, I was able to learn that it is better to leave such matter to the discretion of the ISC management.

In general, the newly joined members are required to be encouraged so as to enable them to be motivated for continuing .

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

The proposal of Mr. Sun will surely be discussed and debated in this platform. I personally feel that there is no relation between the Independence Day and functioning of ISC. So, there is no need to announce any award on the Independence Day. Are the Members doing anything useful for the nation except debating or discussing issues or augmenting knowledge, to deserve awards on this Day? However, the final decision rests with the Webmasters and the Managing Editor.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Kailash,
    Every day we eat thrice and more . Don't we think of enjoying a lovely feast one day or more days in a year?. Similar is the case at ISC. Every day we earn Nil or Rs. 1 or 2 or 5 or 10. Don't we feel more happy when we receive an award/badge/special award etc. Touch heart and say.

No life without Sun ¤

It is up to the host (ISC) to offer feasts or otherwise. It is not considered appropriate to demand feasts.
    Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Jai Hind,
    Anyway, Highly disappointed with NO awards on Indian Independence Day. India Study Channel should have thought it well in advance. Moreover, no much contests and no contest award as expected or dreamt. Despite our good alert to conduct ISC contests and announce the awards on I day, ISC has shown a deaf ear to our humble suggestion/request. A boss is always a boss who cannot be questioned. A worker is always a worker who should bear with it.

Thank you ISC for not having announced any award on Indian Independence Day..

Jai ISC. Jai Hind.

No life without Sun ¤

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.