You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Annadaatha Sukhibhava- No farmer no food. Long live farmers.

During gatherings like Independence day and Republic day or even on Gandhi Jayanthi day, the leaders and speakers enlist the sacrifices made by the freedom fighters and others in getting the freedom for our country. But never we heard from any one mentioning the sacrifices being made by farmers in producing food for all. If farmers are not there, we cannot even think of food. So next time when we make speech, please also mention the thyaag , sacrifices or even their death for the cause of the country and every one of us are totally indebted to farmers.
    Lal Bahadur Shastri, the former Prime Minister of India had given the famous slogan 'Jai Jawan Jai Kisan' (Hail the soldier, Hail the farmer) in the year 1965 during the period of Indo-Pakistan war. At that time there was a scarcity of food grains in the country. I remember that during that period food was rationed and wheat used to be imported from America under Public Law 480 (PL-480) plan. Lal Bahadur Shastri was poor when he died. All he owned at the end was an old car, which was bought in instalments and for which he owed money at the time of death.

Atal Bihari Vajpayee had added Jai Vigyan (Hail knowledge) to the slogan after the Pokhran tests in the year 1998. The slogan 'Jai Jawan Jai Kisan' given by Lal Bahadur Shastri reverberates even today throughout the length and breadth of the country.

One of the major problems associated with the plight of the farmers is the fact that though the population is getting multiplied but the total acreage of agricultural land is getting shrunk due to developmental activities.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

This is very much true we forget ( actually we have set our mind in that way), we pay money and get food stuffs, whether it is from local market, departmental store or from other available source. But the main thing is although we have money, but we can not corp, also can not do such hard work. My personal salute to all farmers, even I am doing my small gardening on my roof top, and I know it is not so easy to cultivate, as it needs special attention, dedication for earning a small money.
    This is the duty of Government to help farmers, so that they will not sell their land and will make some profit from their land and hard work.

You are completely right Mr. Mohan. We can't even think of food if not for the farmers. They work everyday to give us food and earn a lot less money than us. Many people, mainly the people living in urban areas don't know how hard the farmers are working for their good. And now a days, some farmers are shifting to urban areas and stopping farming. This may become a significant problem in the coming days. Anyways, I too join everyone in saying "Long Live farmers! No farmer No food!".

The importance of farmers should be realized or understood by rather than the elders strictly by youngster is stressed now. Many younger generation boys do not know what is farming or how we get paddy/Wheat. Even the sons of farmers are either in metros or in foreign countries by leaving their parents into poverty or confusion whether continuing the agricultural work or not. Their sons are making them to either sell their lands or to come to the metros. Some political influence people are creating problems to the government as if they are doing good for farmers. Unless otherwise the farmers' problems observed by the real help providers there is no chance of improving the agricultural production as we are talking the same words on agriculture since 1977.

Farmers of India can live happily and peacefully provided there are no middlemen who are the real beneficiaries of the agricultural products. Government should procure the agricultural products directly from the farmers and sell it to the public through ration shops if they are really interested in the upliftment of Indian farmers.
    No life without Sun ¤

Sign In to post your comments