You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Cricket

India regains Top ranking in Test Cricket after Sri Lanka beat Australia

Once we considered Australia in cricket as invincible, retirement of senior players and invasion of the new blood in to the team weakened a bit for a while.

Sri Lanka beat Australia in the Third Test and the series 3-0, a clean whitewash for Australia.

With this loss Australia lost its first position whereas India become the numero uno position in Test Cricket rankings just a point ahead to Pakistan.

However India has to beat West Indies in their last encounter to retain the regained position, if India fails to beat West Indies then Pakistan will lead the Test Ranking table
    The test rankings are purely based on collective performance of our boys in the various tests and now Australia having become weak, we had over taken them and leading as number one as on today. But remember Pakistan is just one point lesser than India and they will also strive for the number one position. So it is imperative for India players to beat West Indies and retain the number one position, otherwise Pakistan shall strive to wrest the position from us.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

Well, I don't know much about cricket. But, I am happy to hear that India is in the top position #1. It is a fact that maintaining the top position is difficult than getting the top position. So, I hope India will beat West Indies and emerge as the winner of the top position #1. None of the West Indies batsmen averaged more than 40 (only 2 bowlers under that mark) but five of the Indian batsmen averaged more than 40 (no bowlers over that mark). So, there is an equal chance. And, it is also important to watch the moves of Pakistan as it is just one point behind India.

Sign In to post your comments