You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Festivals

Let us wish Happy Navroz, the Parsi New Year on 17.08.2016.

Today is Navroz, the Parsi New Year. The Navroz festival signifies the coming of the new and passing of the old. The Parsis observe the auspicious day by visiting the Fire temple wearing new clothes. The houses are cleaned and outside the doorstep, rangoli is drawn. Traditional sumptuous meal is prepared which is a significant part of the celebration of the festival.

The Parsi Community of India has played a significant role in the development of our country in various spheres, including industry, commerce, trade and education. It is estimated that about 60,000 Parsis live peacefully in India.

Prominent Parsis who have played a significant role in the Indian independence movement include Pherozeshah Mehta, Dadabhai Naoroji and Bhikaiji Cama. Homi J. Bhabha, Homi N. Sethna, J. R. D. Tata, Jamsetji Tata, Ratan Tata, Field Marshal Sam Hormusji Framji Jamshedji Manekshaw, Feroze Gandhi, Godrej, and Wadia industrial families are examples of some of the prominent Parsis.

Let us wish Happy Navroz, the Parsi New Year on 17.08.2016.
    I wish all my Parsi friends a very happy and prosperous Navroz. May Ahura Mazda give peace, bliss, happiness and prosperity to all.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

On the occasion of Navroz,I extend my warm greetings to all the Parsis across the world on their new year day. As far as I know the Parsi Community is considered to be most peace loving and I never heard any movement associated with their name. There are many Parsis who were born and brought up in Hyderabad. Some of them are Italia, Rustomji and others. There is a Parsi fire temple on the main M.G Road in Secunderabad and we could see many Parsi faith people are visiting and seeking the blessings of fire God. Even some of the very good establishments and schools are being owned by this community in Hyderabad.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.