You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Miscellaneous

Picture reading contest: Three Icons three gestures. Interesting image .

Here is the image shared by me which is having the postures of Swamy Vivekananda, Mahatma Gandhi and the Present Prime Minister Narender Modi. On seeing the image you will surely differentiate the sea change of their attitude in their stance and that is the topic for discussion here. All the three leaders are great in their core and influenced the mass to great extent. Pen down your creative thought on those three Icons and win the hearts of members here. I am requesting the editors to select best entries and include them in article section.
    The titles of the picture would be
    1. "Poor Gandhi in-between the Narendras of the past and present."
    2. "A family man between two strong bachelor boys"
    3. " A man who dreamt freedom, A man who got freedom, A man who enjoys freedom"
    4. "A old white between the saffrons"

No life without Sun ¤

Sun your creative thinking is really great and I welcome the third title which is very apt and natural too.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

The titles can be,
    1)"A hand folded,clasped or raised?"
    2)"Honesty in between courage and selflessness"
    Since orange is for courage and white for truth
    3)"Mahatma Gandhi between Narendranath Dutta and Narendra Modi"
    Real name of Swami Vivekananda was Narendranath Dutta

Regards,
    ar
    "If things go wrong, don’t go with them"

The body language of the three great leaders is different. Narendra Modi's outstretched open palm communicates acceptance, openness and trustworthiness. Mahatma Gandhi's folded hands communicate humility, though, in this particular picture, his eyes are pointing out something uncharacteristic of him. The crossed arms of Swami Vivekanand with pride in his eyes reveal that he is holding himself still so he can pay greater attention to the audience.

Two leaders are from the Gujarat and one from the West Bengal representing India across the width though all of them became global leaders owing to their contribution to the world.

However, the picture is not representing a ture picture. There was an immense possibility to portray an outstanding message through a collage of the three chosen great leaders, but the selection of their individual portraits had either been a hurried attempt or specifically intended to communicate something otherwise.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Swami Vivekananda, a path guider (to become a beautiful person and to create a beautiful country); M. K. Gandhi, a path finder (for freedom); Narendra Modi, a path observer (for a corruption free Indian)
    Regards,
    Naresh Kumar
    'Every bad situation will have something positive. Even a dead clock shows correct time twice a day.'

Wow nice interpretation of the image shows immense talent in every member. I want more participation.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

My interpretations:-

(a) Swami Vivekananda's picture tells me about his abundant energy and hope. He is looking towards the morning Sun.
    (b) Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi is greeting people with folded hands and drooping shoulders.
    (c) Narendra Modi is giving hope to the crores of people of the country.

“Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Sign In to post your comments