You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Improve Your English

Check and correct my English, my dear ISC friends

Members,
    I feel that I am making lot of mistakes while writing at ISC, especially the prepositions, and at times the grammar. I strictly ensure and avoid spelling mistakes.

I give the liberty to the educated members of ISC to check and correct my English. So that, I can improve my English as well as your English. Please don't mind. You are at liberty to do so.

Are there members who also like to get their English checked and corrected by members? If yes, please respond with your comments, views and opinion.
    The author of the thread had discussed the online grammar checking tool 'Grammarly' few days ago. I had installed that and she (?) is very particular about prepositions. Please correct me. if I have used an incorrect pronoun 'she' for 'Grammarly'. Despite that, I have not yet uninstalled that. I don't feel alone while typing with 'Grammarly' as a companion .

Regarding my willingness to get my contents checked, I have no objection. However, I have to make it very clear that sometimes I have to ignore even the suggestions of 'Grammarly'.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

Mr. Kailash,T
    Thanks for your response. However, please say firmly 'Yes' or 'No'. Do you like your English getting checked by the members of ISC? Please don't dilly-dally with your response.

No life without Sun ¤

Sun,

I am game for it!

By the way, are you serious about it? If yes, then let us decide the rules of the game first.

Members,
    This is not a competition or a challenge or a game to show off our superiority or English writing skill. The purpose of this thread is only to learn good English by overcoming our grammar mistakes that we commit in our messages and responses.

Learned members who are sure of the mistakes committed by the members should politely point out and indicate the mistakes at the bottom of their response with a foot-note as below:

@ English check: So and so should have been so and so. ( No other superfluous/unnecessary/irrelevant information to be added. No question should be asked and no clarification should be sought)

It is purely my interest to have my English checked in an open forum for improvement. It will also be helpful to other members, and would be a lesson learned by other members.
    I won't feel offended or insulted if my English is checked.

However, I will not check other members English until unless they indicate their willingness in this thread to get their English checked in an open forum.

This English check will be effective from 20 Aug 2016.

No life without Sun ¤

Yes Mr. Sun, I would like to get my posts checked for mistakes in English language. I am always open to correction and I won't feel bad even if most of my post turns out to be wrong according to English.

Well, I would wish to get my language skills checked by the fellow members. I do not have any objections to it if I am alerted of my mistakes.
    Live....and Let Live...!

This is really an interesting idea and I would not mind in getting a feed back from the respected members how I can improve my skill in writing. Of course, we all are here to learn some constructive things from our learned members. I would appreciate such a move.

I am also eager to get feedback on my poor English. Feedback to improve my construction of sentences and spelling-mistakes is always welcome. Constructive criticisms help us to improve our English.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

Yeah, why not, actually we are here to correct our skill in english, whereas about me I am ready to face criticism because I want to learn.
    live happily in every situation of life

Yes

Even I want to get corrected in my English language so that I can improve myself. This is really a good idea to know were are grammatically wrong and correct ourselves.

Dear ISCian,
    Following members have volunteered to get their English checked by others in an open forum at ISC forum section.
    1. Mr. Kailash Kumar
    2. Mr. Krishna Teja Yeluripati
    3. Mr. Timmappa Kamat
    4. Mr. Sheo Sankar Jha
    5. Mr. Partha Kansabanik
    6. Mr. Babu raj
    7. Ms. Sushma
    8. Mr. Gypsy
    9. Mr. Sun

English experts (including the above 9 members) of ISC who are sure of the mistakes committed by the above members may check and correct their English in a polite manner without hurting the feeling of the author members. Checking should be limited to grammar mistakes only (Tenses, prepositions, punctuations etc). Serious and confusing spelling mistakes can also be checked.

A member getting checked need not post any return response. They may accept it or ignore it. There shouldn't be any discussion over the issue. If at all a member wishes to discuss it, the discussion should be through PMs only. Else, the members can create a separate thread to discuss the English issue. We should never try to make that particular thread a battlefield.

All the best, My dear fellow ISCian.

No life without Sun ¤

I am more interested to get my English checked, better reviewed, by more knowledgeable Members of ISC. I am not very much interested to check others English, unless specifically asked to me. This is because I feel that I am not knowledgeable enough to criticise/review others English.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

My byline in the forum footer says that I am the learner in this site. Therefore I wont mind if my English writing and content would be corrected and guided by the experts in that languge.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I am of the opinion that there is always scope for the betterment in case a positive feed - back is received with respect to correct writing in English.

I have given my consent only for getting my English checked, not for checking others English. English grammar is not science which gives scope for having two opinions on several issues as far as finer points are concerned. Leaving aside the creativity etc. , accurate English can be found in scientific papers published in reputed journals as the scientists are habitual of not accepting anything blindly without inquiry and analysis.

Members,
    Checking others English is a prerogative of a member, and getting checked by others is a voluntary invitation from the members. Mr. Mohan has now been added to the list of members getting checked.
    So, Members are not compelled or forced to check others English.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun,

So, when & how does the game start?

Members,
    I would like to terminate this thread with a good joke.
    Once, King Akbar and his Minister Birbal were discussing very seriously. Birbal said," Sir, Most of our citizens are blind." Akbar asked Birbal to prove his statement. Birbal invited Akbar for an evening walk in disguise. While walking on the roadside, Akbar happened to see a cobbler mending a shoe. Akbar politely asked the cobbler," Dear, What are you doing?" The cobbler replied," Can't you see me what I am doing. Are you blind?" Akbar looked at Birbal, and Birbal smiled at Akbar. Akbar appreciated Birbal and patted on his back and said,"You proved it, Birbal."

Members, I have said everything clearly in my post and responses 575885 and 576016. Members can read and understand it well. Members can start checking my English and others English with immediate effect.

@ Editors are requested to lock this thread as deemed fit.

No life without Sun ¤

Mr Sun,

Refer your response #575885 in which you said- " No other superfluous/unnecessary/irrelevant information to be added. No question should be asked and no clarification should be sought". Are you not breaking the rules framed by yourself?

Mr. Gypsy
    In this thread, No English check has been carried out. Those instructions appearing in #575885 are applicable only when a member checks the English of the other member. It has no relevance to this thread.

I/We haven't started checking your English or others English. No question of superfluous/unnecessary/irrelevant information in my thread responses.

No superfluous/unnecessary/irrelevant information to be added with the foot-note @ English Check:............

For your kind information: You can start checking the English of the posts and responses posted by members after 0001 hrs (IST)on Sunday, the 21st August 2016. All the best.

No life without Sun ¤

Gypsy,

That again proves the autocratic behaviour of the thread author. OI do not think I need to explain it any further.

Live....and Let Live...!

Was that stupid joke in #576163 relevant to the thread topic, Uncle?

Dear Son,
    You should understand it well whether the joke was a stupid one or has some truth in it. Don't you think that you were blind to read my responses that clearly said what is to be done and when to be done? Didn't you try to make joke of my thread with unnecessary question? You are an odd member out of the nine members to ask stupid questions. I have already said that it is not a game to start. This English check is effective with effect from 20th August as specified in my 575885.

No life without Sun ¤

Uncle,

You are such a hypocrite, you know? You make rules and expect others to follow them but you do not follow them yourself.

Refer #575885 in which you said- " No other superfluous/unnecessary/irrelevant information to be added. No question should be asked and no clarification should be sought".

Now again, you are calling me blind & odd & whatnot. Are you not breaking the rules framed by yourself? Stop being a hypocrite, Uncle.

Want me to retaliate with the script of the football match?

Sorry, You have a long way to understand things, especially interpreting the messages in a right manner. You cannot be convinced. What I said is applicable to English check only not to the thread message or response. The superfluous/unnecessary/irrelevant information pertaining to English check only.(English check only)

You are good at English, but very poor in interpreting good English. I advise you to read my responses again and again until you get the right message.

No life without Sun ¤

Uncle,

Want me to retaliate with the script of the football match? And stop being a hypocrite again. Everybody knows who cannot be convinced.

Since you forgot to add 'dear son' this time, looks like you interpreted my message correctly. So start acting your age, Uncle!!!

With a request to members to stop being irritatingly personal each and every time, I am locking this thread. And where are you trying to take us, Gypsy and Sun, with all that salutation of Uncle and Son? Are we really trying to share knowledge?
    Knowledge is knowing tomato is a fruit; Wisdom is not putting it in fruit salad - Miles Kington.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.