You must Sign In to post a response.
  • Category: Television

The importance of Discovery channel in a learner's life

Did you ever think about the role played by Discovery channel in a learner's life? Find out from the responses in this forum thread the significant role the programs on Discovery channel have played in providing knowledge in a unique manner.

We all have seen Discovery channel many times in our life and it is also true that it is one of the channels which is seen world wide because of its unique programs which are shown on them. There are many advantages of seeing Discovery channel and learners are always curious to see this channel to learn from it about Wildlife, ocean and unique creatures of the world.

Well personally I always see Discovery channel as it is very pleasing to the eyes and also gives knowledge of the outside world and the environment. Share the experience of knowledge which you got from this channel.
    A very good thread initiated by the author! I always enjoy Discovery Channel, National Geographic Channel and History Channel. These channels telecast interesting topics with excellent photography. I have learnt many new things from these channels, although, nowadays, I watch television very infrequently. But I know that very few young students watch these channels. This is, I think, is unfortunate. Instead of worthless serials, people should watch these good channels.
    “Whenever I feel the need to exercise, I lie down until it goes away.” - Paul Terry

In my opinion, the discovery channel is one of the best gifts to the learners.
    Discovery has 7 channel brands in India covering factual and lifestyle & entertainment programs. These channels include Discovery Channel, Discovery HD, TLC, Animal Planet, Discovery Science, Discovery Turbo and Home & Health.
    I often watch these channels as and when possible and learn a lot which is not possible otherwise.

Let us encourage each other in sharing knowledge.

For me I am very much curious to know about the habits of other countrymen, not only me but my whole family likes to see this channel as it become a part of ours life. Earlier when there was no TV we people use to think what is there unique things in other countries and now we got the answer from channel, I think instead of discovery its name should be an answer channel because our all questions answers are here in this channel, On republic day of India, this channel was broadcasting about Rashtrapati Bhavan and its inside story not only this but on the Independence day of India it was showing about the struggle of India with the footage of real freedom fighters. I in a sense, love with this channel
    live happily in every situation of life

I love Discovery Channel. I used to watch Discovery Channel almost everyday in my childhood. Even now, I am watching it whenever time permits. The best advantage is that you don't need to watch it like episodes 1, 2, … and you don't even need to watch it for a particular amount of time but knowledge can be gained. In addition to it, I watch National Geographic, Animal Planet and Discovery Science.

In my home myself and my son are the ardent fans of Discovery channel and other informative channels which are not only enriching our knowledge but also gives greater insight about our planet, animal behavior and above all a sense of satisfaction on seeing those richly made documentaries which are not even having advertisement back up. Even Discovery Science is also showing some breath taking programs on innovation and discoveries. What I most like the making of a product. We are never allowed inside a biscuit or glass factory to see how those things are made, but we can see those in discovery channel.
    K Mohan
    I consider myself as the learner everyday

I do like to watch this channel. Its very good and pleasing to watch this channel than watching other serials or news, because now all are artificial. We can let the children also watch this channel.

This thread is locked for new responses. Please post your comments and questions as a separate thread.
If required, refer to the URL of this page in your new post.